Skip to content

wizards using high level spells?

I have just defeated tranzig in feldeposts inn and to be honest the whole fight just felt a bit disappointing. Apparently he is a fairly powerful mage yet he quickly fell to my level 3 party. Is there a mod that lets wizards cast the proper high level spells?

Comments

• WalstafaWalstafa Member Posts: 116
    How powerful do you expect him to be? If he's unprepared and hasn't cast all his buffs, it wouldn't matter if he was level 5 or level 20, a group of six level 3s could take him out just by interrupting his casts and wittling down his tiny hit point pool.
    edited August 2014
    Actually looking at his stats here: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Tranzig

He's level 6 with 32 HP, which is actually 2 more than a wizard with a 15 Con could get. He'll be about AC 7 with his Dex and RoP, and can cast 4/2/2 spells. Iirc from the fight, he tends to use Hold Person as at least one of his lvl 3 spells and Horror as one of his level 2s.

In a game where wizards can only hit level 9, level 6 is fairly "powerful" but an unprepared solo wizard is going to be dogfood against any group that has access to magic missles, or have a few people with decent thacos.

Guess the best you could hope for is to install SCS and hope he's got some buffs memorized.
    elminsterjackjack
  • sylvanussylvanus Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for the information. I thought that because he was able to petrify branwen he should be a lot more powerful.
    Yeah, he probably had a scroll for that. ;-)