Skip to content

Town Entry Points

reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
If possible, I would like to be able to choose where I enter (cardinal heading) towns. Beregost is the biggest offender, often requiring you to cross the entire city (the store is on the far eastern side). While arriving from the point of origin makes some logical sense, the delays in travel, area to area, more than compensates. Thanks.
Cheesebelly

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    That would be very convenient, true. Good idea!
    reedmilfam
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    *grins* I really hate crossing Beregost. It's the only one that's super ugly IMO. I can live with Nashkell as it is.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    I would actually just hope for BG2 to adopt BG1's system.
    WardMoomintroll
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    I'd love it if the game accurately tracked which direction you came from: nothing is more immersion breaking than entering a new area and finding yourself entering on the wrong side of the map.
    HvitrEbrithilevil_apeMoomintrollSyntia13
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    What? You want to cut out HOURS of gameplay?
    Ward
    I don't see how it's immersion breaking to choose how you enter a town when there was a 6 hour transit that the game doesn't include. Straight side-by-side area transitions are one thing, the long treks from the west to Beregost that put you at the farthest point from the store are another.

As for hours of gameplay, I want to cut the silly minutes that accomplish nothing for you, save to make you scroll, click and simply wait for the party to move.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Or you could just do what everyone else does I guess... reorganise your inventory while you are waiting for people to cross, and find out that someone has gotten stuck on a gate/wall/hasn't started walking to begin with. Thus convincing yourself of the need to memorise haste as soon as possible.
    Moomintroll
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    @elminster BG2 engine pauses the game while you are in the inventory.
    @Elminster - Inventory in BG is poor man's Time Stop

@elminster BG2 engine pauses the game while you are in the inventory.

Yea I know, but considering they are overhauling the coding we don't know if that is something they are going to keep in place considering that in BG1 the game was unpaused with the inventory open.
    @elminster - I hope they leave it the same because of arrow depeltion and the lacking macromanagement of reloads. To have to deal with that, midstream, when you might have your party killed would be punitive.
    @elminster - I hope they leave it the same because of arrow depeltion and the lacking macromanagement of reloads. To have to deal with that, midstream, when you might have your party killed would be punitive.

They probably will because of their inclusion of androids and ipads.