Skip to content

Best AI fail ever

TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
Once again, the AI outperforms itself.

Suffice to say he didn't last long afterwards.

Fun fact: Kivan has a Protection from Magic spell on him, which was a misclick on my part as I forgot ProMag can't be targeted in BG1EE. I didn't notice until Isra went in and DK started casting spells, then this happened.
SCARY_WIZARDGoturalelminsterDJKajuruCrevsDaakErgloliendemented

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Seems more like a bug than an AI fail to me ;) anyway it was quite funny!
    Erg
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Huhh. I don't understand why he gets himself blinded, does your character have a spell turning effect?
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Power Word : Blind has an AoE and he is targetting his character in melee range, Isra, but she resist it with her Magic Resistance while the aoe blinds the Demon Knight himself.
    lunarCrevsDaak
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited August 2014
    Oh I see, I guess I am used to scs's version which is single target IIRC. But then again regular AI is spectacularly bad for area effects, some mages fry themselves with fireballs etc.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    CrevsDaak said:

Seems more like a bug than an AI fail to me ;)

Gotural said:

Power Word : Blind has an AoE and he is targetting his character in melee range, Isra, but she resist it with her Magic Resistance while the aoe blinds the Demon Knight himself.

There is something fishy with this spell. Both in BG:EE and vBG2 (with fixpack) according to the description is an AoE spell with a range of 10 feet, but according to NearInfinity (see image below the spoiler tag) the actual range is 80 feet, but target is set to a single creature instead of an area.

CrevsDaak