Skip to content

Dorn wielding Carsomyr

SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31
edited August 2013 in Feature Requests
So I'm looking forward to a Blackguard weilding a weapon of good, but using it for evil.
But made me think although the stats wouldn't prevent him from using it (he is a paladin after all)
maybe for lore reasons there could be a quest added in for Dorn to find a way to taint the blade, and perhaps his unable to use it until this is done. (Once the blade was tainted could change from damaging CE to LG)
This may not be possible due to the contractual limitations, thought i'd throw it out there anyways.
Post edited by Skagneti on
Buttercheese

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    He shoudn't be able to use Carsomyr, that's my thoughts on this, but Soul Reaver by another instance should get some new updates and become more powerful maybe (and upgradeable in ToB if possible).

Maybe corrupt Carsomyr is too much, but the eye of Tyr jewel however could be properly corrupted to improve soul reaver (or just create another thing to improve the blade).
    Buttercheese
  • SirFrancealotSirFrancealot Member Posts: 56
    doesn't casomyr also have a lawful good alignment restriction on it? Would be pretty nuts to see a blackguard using one of Tyr's blessed Artefacts
  • SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31
    Its only restricted to Paladins, there is no alignment restriction on it.
    RAM021
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Oh, good. The idea that you can wield a Holy Avenger because you're the opposite of a paladin seems... dubious at best. "No, it's totally fine, I can handle acid, I'm made entirely of base. Here, let me OH GOD WHY!!"
    GrammarsaladMalicron
  • 10thLich10thLich Member Posts: 99
    @Dee
    What about the Unholy Reaver (reaver.itm)? It's a chapter 6 item wielded (but flagged as undroppable in the cre-file) by Githyanki Anti-Paladins?
    GrammarsaladRAM021
  • SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    Hope there will be some Blackguard gear somewhere then.
    RAM021
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Dee said:

Blackguards can't wield Carsomyr. That's something we were certain to address.

How was this done?

A Blackguard should be able to wield a Carsomyr if equipped with the Helm of Opposite Alignment, I think.
    RAM021
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm not sure how we did it, but my guess is it's an alignment restriction, yes.
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    It was fun getting the casomyr, until finding out it's restricted to pretty much everyone. Yeah, great sword. So glad I killed that unscrupulous lizard for a sword 2 characters in the game can use.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Itemization in the game in terms of which classes receive what and which specializations are most beneficial has always been unbalanced - but you can easily edit Carsomyr to be usable by everyone if you would prefer.
    elminsterRAM021
    lelag200 said:

It was fun getting the casomyr, until finding out it's restricted to pretty much everyone. Yeah, great sword. So glad I killed that unscrupulous lizard for a sword 2 characters in the game can use.

any thief with use any item HLA can use Carsomyr from what i know.
    ElrandirRAM021
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    kamuizin said:

lelag200 said:

I think he forgot Hexxat and Jan. Unlike Keldorn/Haer-Dalis they can't get any proficiency points though, so they wouldn't be ideal to carry it. Also Hexxat wielding Carsomyr would be... odd.
    CrevsDaak
  • AntagonistAntagonist Member Posts: 139
    edited January 2014
    Agreed with boo. Even though statistically she is more than capable of wielding it, it just doesn't seem right. No comment on Jan here. :D

I'd personally support the idea of the tainted Eye of Tyr (through, for example, a bargain with Talos's church, who is one of Tyr's enemies and would probably be amused to be given an occasion like this) that could corrupt the Carsomyr.

I have no information on Ur'Gothoz (did I pronounce it right?) so it may be a conflict of interests if this deity/fiend/whatever is somehow not eager to get between Tyr and his enemies.

Edit: Also, Tyr is a dead deity, so lack of his divine power should make corrupting the artifact somewhat more possible.
    booinyoureyes
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

kamuizin said:

lelag200 said:

I think he forgot Hexxat and Jan. Unlike Keldorn/Haer-Dalis they can't get any proficiency points though, so they wouldn't be ideal to carry it. Also Hexxat wielding Carsomyr would be... odd.
    @booinyoureyes 20 STR? :P she has even more STR than Dorn.....
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308

kamuizin said:

lelag200 said:

i think you forgot dualclassed sarevok.
    bob_veng said:

kamuizin said:

lelag200 said:

i think you forgot dualclassed sarevok.
    Sacrilege!! Doesn't Sarevok lose Deathbringer Assaut attack if we dualclass him?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Not once he gets his fighter levels back
    booinyoureyeskamuizinRAM021
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    @Antagonist‌
    This is 2nd edition, Tyr is very much alive and well and one of the most powerful gods in the pantheon.
    elminster

@Antagonist‌
    This is 2nd edition, Tyr is very much alive and well and one of the most powerful gods in the pantheon.

Helm by another side, can't say the same in the following future :)!
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    Blackguards already have an evil equivalent to Carsomyr in Watcher's Keep, its the Unholy Reaver except you can use it and its called Ir'veykal.
    LiamEsler
    Mhamza said:

Blackguards already have an evil equivalent to Carsomyr in Watcher's Keep, its the Unholy Reaver except you can use it and its called Ir'veykal.

the only problem is the easly way that we get the sword, a bit more dificult to get the blade would be nice, put it on the red dragon hoard for example, to level the scales with Carsomyr's difficult to find.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2014
    kamuizin said:

Mhamza said:

the only problem is the easly way that we get the sword, a bit more dificult to get the blade would be nice, put it on the red dragon hoard for example, to level the scales with Carsomyr's difficult to find.
    Umm last I checked you don't get it until level 4 of watcher's keep. It is already difficult enough to get.
    TJ_Hooker
    elminster said:

kamuizin said:

Mhamza said:

Umm last I checked you don't get it until level 4 of watcher's keep. It is already difficult enough to get.
    Don't see that so hard to do, but ok, surelly it's hard as killing Firkgaark.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014
    kamuizin said:

elminster said:

kamuizin said:

Mhamza said:

Don't see that so hard to do, but ok, surelly it's hard as killing Firkgaark.
    Its much more time extensive and difficult to go through all those levels of Watcher's Keep. Firkraag's Dungeon (including Firkraag) is definitely easier.
    RAM021