Skip to content

getting into the bandit camp

In every other play through, charname lies to some bandit lieutenant in Peldvale/Larsville about wanting to join the gang, and that's how I get in. This time around, I was thinking of taking a more, "Screw you guys, I'm here to stop you" approach. Is this going to cause a problem with finding the camp?

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    Kneller said:

In every other play through, charname lies to some bandit lieutenant in Peldvale/Larsville about wanting to join the gang, and that's how I get in. This time around, I was thinking of taking a more, "Screw you guys, I'm here to stop you" approach. Is this going to cause a problem with finding the camp?

I've actually never tried to "join" the bandits. Its so much fun to just kick 'em in the head 'till they're dead...
    Sorry. I have no use for bandits. Especially since they're so contemptible with their quips.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    If you mean 'is there another way to find the camp?', when you clear out the Nashkel mines you can obtain the information necessary to track down someone who will reluctantly give you its location - then you can either backstab it or nuke it, your choice.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Tranzig at the Feldpost Inn in Beregost has letters or something that reveal the location to the camp to you. That's how I always get there.
  • KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
    I think I found that someone, but we didn't get much of a chance to chat before the ass-kicking portion of the encounter. I did take and read the documents on him, but I think I sold them somewhere. If I head north or east out of Peldvale, will the camp show up as a new area?
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    As far as I remember, the map is updated as soon as you acquire the documents.
  • ChackChack Member Posts: 23
    And yes, you will be able to enter to the bandit camp travelling through Peldvale.
    Calmar said:

As far as I remember, the map is updated as soon as you acquire the documents.

It's not on my map currently. That's what concerns me. I just tried to sneak up through Peldvale and the camp doesn't appear if I take the northern exit (east is not an option). I tried to pop down to the spider map, but there isn't actually a northern exit from there either.

So, how do I get in?
    Problem solved. I googled a bit more. Apparently, because I'm using EasyTutu, an encounter is created near that raided carvan north of Beregost. There's a bunch of bandits that you have to fight. One of them is named, and will give you the location after he takes a hit or two.