Skip to content

where to get dispel magic in bg1

I think I found a scroll somewhere in BG1, but I must have given it to Dynaheir thinking I could buy another from High Hedge. The problem is that Dynaheir is having an unusually long visit with Firebead since I dualed Imoen over to a mage and am now using Safana temporarily for thieving duties. Furthermore, High Hedge apparently doesn't sell Dispel Magic. I'm fairly certain it can be bought in the city, but I haven't even done the Bandit Camp yet, and I want to have it for a few things before I even get access to the city (e.g. Cloakwood and the Kahrk fight). Anyone know anywhere else I can dig up a scroll? Thanks.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014
    Kneller said:

The problem is that Dynaheir is having an unusually long visit with Firebead since I dualed Imoen over to a mage and am now using Safana temporarily for thieving duties. Furthermore, High Hedge apparently doesn't sell Dispel Magic. I'm fairly certain it can be bought in the city, but I haven't even done the Bandit Camp yet, and I want to have it for a few things before I even get access to the city (e.g. Cloakwood and the Kahrk fight). Anyone know anywhere else I can dig up a scroll? Thanks.

Yay-ya and Naaman both have scrolls for it, but you can't get to them until you get access to Baldur's Gate (the city). Same with the copy available in the Sorcerous Sundries.
  • KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
    Bummer.

Though I later realized that I have Jah and she can cast it. However, I didn't realize it until after I barely survived the Kahrk fight. :D
    elminster
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    North from Gnoll Stronghold, bandit named Neville has a scroll of Dispel Magic. He's on the right side of the river somewhere north.
    lunar
  • KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
    I think that's the one I gave Dynaheir.
    elminster
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    Then the next one you'll get as early as Cloakwood mines I'm afraid. Unless you're lucky and someone drops it, maybe an Ogre Mage in a random encounter?