Skip to content

Proesis's Adventures, a SCS Solo No-Reload Challenge (BG:EE Complete)

2»

Comments

• GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    When I enter the room a conversation between the dukes and noblemen triggers, they speak about Sarevok being the new grand duke then Sarevok says we must attack Amn. Then he sees you coming and tells his Dopplegangers to attack.

After the fight, Belt thanks you for saving them and asks you what are you doing here and you answer by saying that you have the proofs that Sarevok wanted to kill them and nearly killed Eldar Eltan. Then Sarevok turns hostile and you must wound him a bit, then he escapes.

But here the second conversation did trigger only once in all my try and even when it triggered, Sarevok turned hostile (as usual) but focused and killed the dukes (which normally don't happen). I also tried to hit him more because as I said, I had a really hard time hitting him despite having 6 APR at 6 THACO and I found out he is 100% immune to magic and fire, and has an AC so low I can't hit him except on a natural 20's which is kind of weird.
    CrevsDaak
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited April 2014
    Ah you're right, sorry. You kill the doppelgangers first. Ouch, it's been too long since my solo no-reload charnames made it there.. ;)

Well it's a difficult question, if the game requires you to hurt Sarevok within a given number of rounds to prevent yourself from getting flamestruck to death, and charname fails to do the damage in time, then I wouldn't consider this a bug and I'd start a new game.
    However I'm not sure if the game has a timeframe within which you need to injure Sarevok. Besides, the fact that Sarevok attacks the Dukes does sound like a bug to me, because in my games he never does. He tends to attack the Guards (Flaming Fist I think) who fight by charname's side.

Maybe you could ask about this in a new thread on the General Discussions forum, where more people will read your posts.

Post edited by Blackraven on
  • AurorusAurorus Member Posts: 201
    I had a similar thing occur in my playthrough with Aurorus. After the battle and the dopplegangers were dead, Sarevok attacked the female Grand Duke (forget her name) and chunked her on 1 shot, before Belt began his speech. After Sarevok turned hostile, I started attacking him, but Winski did not show up and nuke me, and Belt began his speech before Sarevok could kill him. I think it is an SCS bug, because this did not happen in my playthrough with my druid without SCS.

At any rate, if you won the battle on your first try, you should not let a bug end your run. As Sion and Blackraven say, this is just cause for a reload and should not be considered an end to a no-reload run.
    Success ! I reinstalled SCS and tried again and this time everything worked perfectly fine ! As soon as the last Doppleganger died, Belt gave me his speech, then Sarevok attacked, he still killed the female duke but didn't attack Belt and after I did some damage to him (which was possible this time as he wasn't immune) he triggered his conversation and escaped !

I'm very excited to be able to continue, we'll see If I will defeat Sarevok !
    CrevsDaakBlackravenJuliusBorisov
    Update :

After being teleported in the Thieves's Guild, Proesis immediately followed Sarevok in the maze where she met Voleta Stiletto who was injured. After a brief conversation, she entered the corridors.

Proesis did skip most of the fights against the Oozes, and protected herself from traps with Minor Globe of Invulnerability, she did kill some Doom Guards and Skeletons Warriors for the xp though.

She encountered Winski Perorate who was left for dead and finished him (I took my revenge haha !) then went to the Undercity.

She scooted a group of mercenaries, buffed herself and dispatched them quickly with extreme kiting (Boots of Speed + Oil of Speed makes you really fast) then she met Tamoko, even though Proesis didn't want to hurt her, she had no other choice.

Finally, she entered the Temple of Bhaal.

Here, she finished to buff herself while Tazok was going ham on Potions of Absorption.

Then she confronted Sarevok and his minions. The fight was over quickly, a Detect Invisibility revealed everyone and Proesis nuked them all except Angelo with poisoned Arrows of Detonation.

Then she faced Angelo and slew him, Sarevok was now alone ...

Proesis decided to hide herself one last time with a Shadow Door, re-buffed one last time.

And finally she defeated him.

(Proesis character sheet)

----------------------------------------------------------

End of the BG:EE run ! I really loved this playthrough, by far one of my (if not my) favorite of all times.

Even if the character became a bit overpowered in the end with Melf Meteors, it was really stressful and I loved the adrenaline while playing the no-reload challenge.

I would like to thank everyone who followed this thread ( @SionIV‌ @Aurorus‌ @CrevsDaak‌ and the others) and more particularly @Blackraven‌ who inspired me to play no-reload with his fantastic run with Teyl.

I will try BG2:EE no-reload with Proesis after, but I will first continue to play my Blackguard in BG2:EE to acquire more metaknowledge of the game (I can't start a game with BG2, it feels like cheating for me, I always start with BG1 but like anyone else here, I suffer from Restartitis so I very rarely play the second game).

SionIVCrevsDaakBlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Hey @Gotural, first of all congratulations!!! You made it solo, on your first effort, which is quite amazing. Your journal was a lot of fun to read, so thanks for sharing :) I'm very glad that Teyl's run helped you decide to go no-reload as well and enjoy it so much.
    I'm looking forward to reading about Proesis' exploits in Amn, but I think it's a good idea to do another normal "reload tun" first. Lack of metaknowledge did Teyl in... so I think my next BG1 no-reload run will become a normal reload run in BG2 :)
    GoturalJuliusBorisov
  • AurorusAurorus Member Posts: 201
    Great job. No reload is the way to go, provided one has finished the game at least one time (since it adds excitement and tension as you observe). Good luck with Proesis in BGII, but you are right, probably best to run your blackguard through it normal first.

I should do that too but probably won´t. I just started another no-reload with a Dragon Disciple today, pretty overpowered class at low levels actually. Dragon breath is really good in BGI- no save, huge AoE, total mob clearer. I will probably try to beat BGII no-reload on vanilla... most likely with a druid or fighter druid, before I start Aurorus or Amend or my Dragon Disciple (if I can get my Dragon Disciple and Amend through BGI). It will be nice to have a few toons ready to go, so I can jump to the next as each dies... lol.
    BlackravenGoturalJuliusBorisov
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited August 2014
    Little bit of a necro, but can I ask how you used poison weapon on a Mage/Thief??

Edit: Nevermind, I see now it was an assassin.
    Blackraven