It's a pleasure to be here in this great community.
With the BG:EE's 1.3 patch coming soon, i want to understand which type of character fits better to my playstyle, to start a new adventure that will go from BG:EE to BG2:EE.
I'm unsure about practically everything, but my character must have these requirements, for roleplaying reasons:
1) Race: Human
2) A pure class, i don't want a multiclass character
3) A frontline character, a great tank with a good damage output
4) My character will be the leader of a good aligned party
5) In the case of a dual wield combat style, the weapons must be of the same type (2 flails for example, or 2 blades)
Reading all the forum for about one week helped me to find these solutions:
1) Paladin (Cavalier), two handed sword (Carsomyr)
2) Paladin (Inquisitor), two handed sword (Carsomyr)
3) Paladin (Cavalier), dual wield (Flail of Ages + Defender of Easthaven)
4) Paladin (Inquisitor), dual wield (Flail of Ages + Defender of Easthaven)
5) Paladin (Cavalier), dual wield (Purifier + something else)
6) Paladin (Inquisitor), dual wield (Purifier + something else)
8) Monk (Sun Soul)
9) Fighter (Berserker), dual wield (Flail of Ages + Defender of Easthaven)
10) Barbarian, dual wield (Flail of Ages + Defender of Easthaven)
I have put Fighter (Berserker) and Barbarian in the last two spots because i have found that Human isn't the best race for these two classes, and Fighter is better dual classed.
Guys, now i need your precious help...which combination is the best one for you?
Sorry for the wall of text, thanks in advance and have a great day!