Skip to content

Throne of Bhaal: Romance-talk triggers? Same as Shadows of Amn?

CommanderBhaalCommanderBhaal Member Posts: 1
In Shadows of Amn, Jaheira had a thing for my character and I ended up completing her romance successfully. I've now reached Saradush and the only talk I've heard from her was in the Abyss with Imoen about her Harper situation. It didn't sound romantic at all. Will the romance talk trigger every hour or is it plot-triggered? I'm not going to bother playing the expansion if the romance is bugged.

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @CommanderBhaal‌ It should trigger every hour, I believe, yes. If you import your save from SoA, she should romance you for sure. If she doesn't, let us know and some lovely person here can fix your save.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I think ToB romances are mainly plot triggered actually.
  • dreambleddreambled Member Posts: 48
    They're triggered by plot and by timer afterwards. It's a pain in the ass, especially when, say, you're romancing Viconia ... but I won't get into that.

If you want to just chill out with the game paused for an hour and wait to see if stuff will trigger after you un-pause you can. Or, if you're like me and are impatient with an enabled console, I would just drop in a C:AdvanceRealTime("99999") every now and again and see what happens. I haven't romanced Jaheira in TOB, but the LTs tend to start off slow and there is only a fraction of LTs in ToB compared to SoAs. She might have just one or two talks with you while you're in Saradush before the talks stop and you have to advance the plot for it to continue.

I would also add that I think the romance does not sound like it is bugged. In TOB, none of the NPCs start a conversation with you unless you're romancing them. I know this has changed with the new characters from the EE, but for the original characters, they won't say anything. They'll talk to each other and interject into plot conversations, but no one will talk to you, so the fact that Jaheira has engaged you in conversation means the game probably has recognized you're in a relationship with her, and considering the dire situation you now find yourself in, she probably just did not feel like being very romantic at that point and time.