Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Magical Weapon Bug

Hello not sure whats going on and hopefully its not just me. My main character cannot equip his main weapon. I cannot change or equip anythign on him. It keep says magical weapon in use when I try. I have tried sleeping at an inn and what not and nothing I do will kix the issue. Any help will be much appericated. Thanks!

Comments

• MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    Which class is he? Give more info.

• TwisterroTwisterro Member Posts: 3
    In my game, same situation happened with Jaheira, after she casted 1-level magic weapon spell. /Maybe/ enemy used "fear" on her, or maybe I ordered her to attack in the same time. I don't know for sure.

It's quite ugly bug - resting, casting new weapon spell, or even dismissing her from team doesn't help.

• gigurragigurra Member Posts: 4
    Same problem. My game is now unplayable due to this :(. I cannot equip any weapons.

• SoundChaosSoundChaos Member Posts: 11
    Same here, hope this gets patched soon. Just cast magic weapon on Jaheira, fought a minor battle, the effect wore off, and now I can not equip any weapon other than cast magic weapon again every battle.

• BaldurianBaldurian Member Posts: 1
    This gave me some headache too.

There is an ingame item to solve this matter, however. At least it did so for me. There is a cloak called Relair's Mistake (CLCK04) which allows you to transform into a wolve. I'm not sure anymore where I stumbled upon this thing, maybe somewhere around the lighthouse area, but transforming Jaheira into a wolve, than leaving the area, "reset" her for me. In the next area I was able to normally reequip weapons.

Hope, that helps.

• RampagingCrinosRampagingCrinos Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    Baldurian said:

This gave me some headache too.

There is an ingame item to solve this matter, however. At least it did so for me. There is a cloak called Relair's Mistake (CLCK04) which allows you to transform into a wolve. I'm not sure anymore where I stumbled upon this thing, maybe somewhere around the lighthouse area, but transforming Jaheira into a wolve, than leaving the area, "reset" her for me. In the next area I was able to normally reequip weapons.

Hope, that helps.

Confirmed (in BG2:EE). After shapeshifting Jaheira into anything, then shifting back to her humanoid form, I was able to equip normally again. I didn't even have to leave the area. Doesn't make the bug any less obnoxious :(

• GrimwortGrimwort Member Posts: 1
    Here is the solution ,
    Take her out of the party and in again.That must work , at least it worked for me