Skip to content

Black Pits II pre-battle cutscenes are infuriating.

So far I'm finding the black pits a whole lot more challenging than both the previous Black Pits and BG due to AI scripts etc. that mean people walk past my fighters for my mages and the like, so I have to try battles a few times, but one thing that is driving me RIGHT up the wall (to the point where I'm about to quit) is that there are these huge, stupid cutscenes before many fights that break up the natural trial-and-error approach to something like this.

Is there any way to console skip these? They're not really inspiring the first time I see them, and by the tenth time I'm hitting the return key to get through one, I'm imagining hitting the play tester instead.

Comments

• MikeyTMikeyT Member Posts: 9
    Nevermind. I'm quitting. After how good the first one was, I'm really disappointed in BP2, especially given how many really serious bugs remain in BG2 and ToB.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Totally agree, hate the cut scenes. The battles themselves are generally well-designed but waiting ages for the battles while having to listen to that awful voice-acting is cruel and unusual punishment.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Personally I don't mind the cutscenes EXCEPT for the whole intro and those two cutscenes with the Winged early on.
  • jigglefloydjigglefloyd Member Posts: 21
    There is a huge purpose to the cut scenes that you may not be aware of. What option you choose to respond to Dennatol can decide if you get bonus items from crowd patrons. You can boost up the crowd reputation of you by either responding with the "heroic" response or the "evil" response up to three times. Then after this your chances of getting a magical item goes up (there is one good and one great item magical item you can receive for every single battle). You're meant to play each battle numerous times to get your bonus gold, get your reputation up, and shoot for at least one of the magical items.

I really like BP II, it's definitely a grind at times, but it's worth getting some of the magical items. There are so many magical items available to you from the merchants as you progress through the difficulty so you will always find something that suits your party and playstyle.