Skip to content

About interface and font sizes

Yeah, this post is half report, half request, so please move it if it's on the wrong section.

Getting straight to the point, is there any way to change the interface size? I own a galaxy note 3 and while the game is gorgeous, the icons feel too small, even with the s pen helping.
I'm willing to sacrifice some screen space for bigger buttons and a font bigger than the'Fonts', 'Size', '6',on the ini

Thank you kindly

Comments

• hernanescuhernanescu Member Posts: 2
    Hi! I just bought it, and I'd like the same thing, buttons feel way small and while it's not that much uncomfortable it would be nice to be able to enlarge them somehow. I've already tweaked font size using a command someone put on another thread... does anybody have a pro tip to do this?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We're working on something for the font size. The UI elements themselves will take a bit more work, but it's on my radar.
  • hernanescuhernanescu Member Posts: 2
    Cool! Thanks for letting us know that and for your quick reply. Looking forward to it! =)
  • dukemagusdukemagus Member Posts: 5
    looking foward to it too ^^
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    The newest beta adds a settings in Graphics regarding the font size. It affects not only dialogs but also various text areas. Here are examples for the smallest and biggest on a Sony Xperia Z tablet (10" screen, 1920x1200).
    The various texts don't react to the size in the same way: for instance button texts don't grow beyond position 3 and the graphic driver text only changes between 1 and 2. However dialog text grows each time.
    In my opinon, text in size 6 make it difficult to read dialogs: very often you have to scroll to read the full text or all the available answers. Personnaly I wouldn't go beyond size 3 or would even stick to the default 2. However this will be handy for those 5" phones with full HD resolution.
  • dukemagusdukemagus Member Posts: 5
    This really is a great improvement and i thank the team for this option ^^

now we only need a more flexible UI and the perfect version of VG will be ready
  • GnrguiGnrgui Member Posts: 6
    I have a similar issue with the journal (see attached file).
    I've trying to play on the Nvidia Tegra Note but on the journal the + simbol is just to small to click and expand the text, making the game almost unplayable...
  • mattofalltradesmattofalltrades Member Posts: 2
    My only problem with the interface is that the buttons for hiding the side bars are too small. If I accidentally minimize one of them, I have a really hard time maximizing. This makes it extremely hard or even impossible to play until I can get lucky and hit that sweet spot. Especially if it's the right side bar. (Samsung GS3)
    Any updates?
    Gnrgui said:

I've trying to play on the Nvidia Tegra Note but on the journal the + simbol is just to small to click and expand the text, making the game almost unplayable...

In the next update, you'll be able to just tap on the journal entry once to collapse it, or tap on the header to expand it.
    Dee said:

Gnrgui said:

In the next update, you'll be able to just tap on the journal entry once to collapse it, or tap on the header to expand it.
    Oh thanks, it will be great.
    When the next update will come out?
    You can read about our progress in this thread.