Skip to content

Prison Architect

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
Anyone try this out at all? I've been playing it. I just had a prison riot and a large section of my prison was burned to the ground. Fun stuff :D

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I've watched a let's play. It looks awesome, but for some reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet. That may have to change…
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I grabbed it during the early Alpha. It's been a lot of fun to try out new features as they're added. I'm getting progressively worse at management as things become more complicated.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Coriander said:

I grabbed it during the early Alpha. It's been a lot of fun to try out new features as they're added. I'm getting progressively worse at management as things become more complicated.

Yea you get your prison up to a certain size and you think you've got a good system going. Until something goes horribly wrong :D

At least in my experience anyways.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    And sometimes I just can't seem to lay out a 5x5 square correctly during planning. Instant restart. Then I'll forget something like drains, or work on a power line will get blocked somehow during construction. So many dead bodies.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Unless you can create an insane magical prison with sci-fi technology a la Superjail and be a weird, Willy Wonka-esque lunatic like the selfsame's Warden, I'm simply not interested.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014

Unless you can create an insane magical prison with sci-fi technology a la Superjail and be a weird, Willy Wonka-esque lunatic like the selfsame's Warden, I'm simply not interested.

There are actually mods out at the moment that change the game, though I don't know to what extent. For instance I know there is a mod that changes things so you can look like you are building an imperial prison from Star Wars.

Edit: Looks like its just a reskining. Still is a rather fun mod though :)