Skip to content

Hurgan Stoneblade, Aec'Letec and a funeral...

Am I the only one who finds it weird that Hurgan Stoneblade, the quest giver for the whole Aec'Letec debacle shows up in BG2 at Nalia's father's funeral and doesn't recognize you?

You would think that after returning his family dagger before it got stolen and used by a demon cult, and then destroying said demon cult and the summoned demon on his behalf, he'd at least say something about it when he sees you're traveling with his late friend's daughter.

Comments

• DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    Funeral??
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Nalia's quest @DullSkullTheSecond‌
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    Is he the guy who calls her Nally Nalia? I never realised that was the same dude as the "are you the ones for the job, or aren'tcha?" dwarf.

Seems there still are things I don't know about the series...
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Are you sure about this? I forget that Dwarf's exact name, but didn't Nalia refer to him as "Bonchy" or something? Seems like an odd connection.
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    @Abi_Dalzim‌ Bonchy is a nickname, if you scroll over him it says Hurgan Stoneblade
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Wrong tooltiptext if you ask me. It happens al the time when i'm programming
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    Also, the original dev's have always had a knack for duplicating minor characters.

Halbazzar Drin for example who is both a salesman at Sorcerous Sundries an a minotaur in Gromnirs army. Or Ion Galchobair, a human bandit in BG1 and an elf in the sewers of Athkatla in BG2..
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

Also, the original dev's have always had a knack for duplicating minor characters.

Halbazzar Drin for example who is both a salesman at Sorcerous Sundries an a minotaur in Gromnirs army. Or Ion Galchobair, a human bandit in BG1 and an elf in the sewers of Athkatla in BG2..

I agree. Some names are just too cool to be wasted on a single character, methinks.