Skip to content

Most Challenging Battle

2»

Comments

• JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited August 2014
    I voted Amelyssan due to how drawn out the battle is. Truth be told, I find the finale to ToSC more challenging, due to the reasons stated above.

I also feel the battle before Demogorgon was more challenging than Demogorgon it/himself.

Actually, that final seal battle(s) is probably my favorite of the whole series.
  • InvictusCobraInvictusCobra Member Posts: 108
    JLee said:

I voted Amelyssan due to how drawn out the battle is. Truth be told, I find the finale to ToSC more challenging, due to the reasons stated above.

I also feel the battle before Demogorgon was more challenging than Demogorgon it/himself.

Actually, that final seal battle(s) is probably my favorite of the whole series.

Yeah, I hated Aec'Letec. If not for having Cloudkill on both Imoen and Dynaheir, I would never have killed the damn tanar'ri. The Final Seal fight is very challenging indeed and I agree that it felt more of a boss battle than Demogorgon himself.
    Regarding the Amelyssan fight, I think it's the fact that you can't rest between rounds that makes it so hard and intense. Otherwise you could just go all out in every battle and rest afterwards, making it kinda broken. :p

JLee
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309

JLee said:

Yeah, I hated Aec'Letec. If not for having Cloudkill on both Imoen and Dynaheir, I would never have killed the damn tanar'ri. The Final Seal fight is very challenging indeed and I agree that it felt more of a boss battle than Demogorgon himself.
    Regarding the Amelyssan fight, I think it's the fact that you can't rest between rounds that makes it so hard and intense. Otherwise you could just go all out in every battle and rest afterwards, making it kinda broken. :p

I agree, The Final Seal Battle is extremely challenging. But once again I have to point out that regardless of how it feels, the Final Seal Battle is not, in fact, a boss battle. And neither is Draconis, although he certainly feels like one, and I usually have more difficulty with him than Abazigal.
  • InvictusCobraInvictusCobra Member Posts: 108

I agree, The Final Seal Battle is extremely challenging. But once again I have to point out that regardless of how it feels, the Final Seal Battle is not, in fact, a boss battle. And neither is Draconis, although he certainly feels like one, and I usually have more difficulty with him than Abazigal.

Yeah, for me Draconis was harder and more of a pain to fight due to his invisibilities and kit in general. The most annoying thing that happened to me with Abazigal was having him on Near Death and my party on almost full health, he casts a Finger of Death on my PC and for the first time in the damn game, the dice rolled for him and instagibbed me. -.-
    Let's say I was a bit mad about that. XD
    ZaramMaldovardstoltzfus
    @InvictusCobra Lol, yeah. It shows
    My First Playthrough, everything in TOB was a pain, but as I've stated on other boards, that was beforeI knew how to play the game.
    I'm no expert, and I'm certainly not a cunning strategist, but I have more or less mastered the art of playing Baldur's Gate.
    DJKajuru
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Tolgerias , with his summons, abi dhalzim , power word stun and defenses, can be a really tough opponent if you lack the right counter spells.
  • mariussmariuss Member Posts: 21
    Well, i voted for Demogorgon. He summons a pack of demons(Marilith - i hate them!), Glazebru and Tanari.
    Irenicus - He is not a challange. He summons two big demons, which are easy to kill, if we pull them away of Irenicus.
    Amelyssan - SHE is not too difficult - but whole final battle including the guardians of pits with bhall's essence is really hard.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    I don't see why you can't include the Watcher's Keep Final Seal as bosses, especially if you include Kangaxx. Some bosses are just "bigger" than others.

Out of those listed I'd go with Demogorgon. It's usually easy to tank melee foes no matter how tough, but the Marilith's mean you have to manage your party fairly well.

Melissan is dead easy. The only way you can struggle with it is not preparing for seven successive battles.
  • mariussmariuss Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2014
    ryuken87 said:

I don't see why you can't include the Watcher's Keep Final Seal as bosses, especially if you include Kangaxx. Some bosses are just "bigger" than others.

Out of those listed I'd go with Demogorgon. It's usually easy to tank melee foes no matter how tough, but the Marilith's mean you have to manage your party fairly well.

Melissan is dead easy. The only way you can struggle with it is not preparing for seven successive battles.

You have right. Final Seal's party are quite difficult - especially the party with succubus, lich and Marilith :)
    ryuken87 said:

Yes, but bosses aren't about difficulty, they are about what the developers intended to be bosses. I do not feel like the developers intended The Final Seal guardians to be a boss (even though they are extremely difficult) or Draconis (even though he is more difficult than Abazigal, he simply isn't a boss)
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563

ryuken87 said:

Yes, but bosses aren't about difficulty, they are about what the developers intended to be bosses. I do not feel like the developers intended The Final Seal guardians to be a boss (even though they are extremely difficult) or Draconis (even though he is more difficult than Abazigal, he simply isn't a boss)
    You're right they ain't about difficulty. When I said "bigger" I meant in the sense that some are bigger events in the story. I think your definition is a bit flimsy. Even the likes of Kalah from the Circus Tent are "bosses".
    jackjack
    Perhaps you are right. I guess we should stop arguing and just talk about what BATTLE is more challenging. period
  • FleshIsADesignFlawFleshIsADesignFlaw Member Posts: 39
    Unmodded:
    BG1: Aec'Letec, Sarevok. Aec'Letec is extremely frustrating.

BG2: My favourite fight: Nalmissra, The Huntress, Ameralis Zauvir, Xei Win Toh, Y'tossi and Hive mother.

Modded: Well I haven't played ToB with Ascension yet (plan to) but Irenicus in Hell was absurdly difficult with that mod that replaces his demons with a dragon, a beholder, a super beefed up magical sword and a Sarevok like shredding machine completely immune to everything except critical hits and melee attacks under time stop.
    And Irenicus who happily teleports around and spams area of effect dispels.