Skip to content

Multiclass Sorcerers and Kits?

g314g314 Member Posts: 201
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Wouldn't it be great if Sorcerers can multiclass like mages in BG:EE? Also, what about kits? Are they still pure class only?

Any official/Word-of-God info?

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    There is no official word about pissibility to dual or multi-class Sorceres. Personally, I think that's good, since Sorcerers are already pretty powerfull.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    With a softcoded UI it should be possible to add any kind of capability to any class, and as such it should be simple to mod any class combination or kit you want into your game, including multi/dual sorcerers.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I think it woulda be awesome to add some speciality to sorcerers. Monks too.
  • evil_apeevil_ape Member Posts: 32
    I think it would be very overpowered to be able to D/C or M/C sorcerers or monks. Sorcerers are already the best class in the game.

But I can't deny that I've always wanted to solo a monk/sorcerer.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @evil_ape : oh god... Monk/Sorcerer would possibly be the most overpowered goodie on the planet. I WANT!
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    @evil_ape Want soooooo much. Waaaaaannnnntttttt.
    I want a ninja kit that is of the monk class....
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Xavioria said:

I want a ninja kit that is of the monk class....

Ninja would make a good Monk kit. Though I would like to see a different paper doll to represent the ninja, but they can't do that. Though arguably you could use the thief paper doll as a stand in.
    They probably could, but maybe not. More monk kits would be awesome. I personally don't know if sorcerer really needs kits though... Sorcerer is kind of hereditary isn't it?
    I think if you want a sorcerer to have kits then it should essentially share the wizard kits. Just make it so it's a sorcerer that studies those schools of magic like a normal wizard, but keep the sorcerers ability to cast spells more frequently.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    @RedGuard

That's... not how sorcery works.
    Dazzu said:

@RedGuard

@Dazzu I've never really touched the sorcerer class. I thought the only difference to wizards was that their power was innate and they could cast spells more frequently than wizards. Is there anything that actually stops them from focusing on or using a specific school of magic?
    Well that's just it though... Their magic is innate, not studied, so their magic can't be stunted that way.
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    RedGuard said:

Dazzu said:

@RedGuard

@Dazzu I've never really touched the sorcerer class. I thought the only difference to wizards was that their power was innate and they could cast spells more frequently than wizards. Is there anything that actually stops them from focusing on or using a specific school of magic?
    The confusion in understandable since the mechanics have never tried to convey the classe's fluff correctly. The idea is that a Sorcerer does not actually choose his spells as we do, rather that they come naturally.