Skip to content

Fullscreen off screen

hello all, when I started up BG2 EE this afternoon, the game is over a 1/4 of the way off my main monitor. The only way to play it or even start the game to select new game or continue or anything is in window mode. It is not recognizing the monitor that I have been playing on now for over a year.

I deleted my Baldur.ini I re installed the game everything. My options within the .ini are very odd it shows I have 3 windows. I will copy them below. I do use dual monitors and the game has never had an issue before.

'Window', 'Full Screen', '1',
'Graphics', 'version', '4.3.12618 Compatibility Profile Context 13.251.9001.1001',
'Graphics', 'renderer', 'AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series',
'Graphics', 'vendor', 'ATI Technologies Inc.',
'MOVIES', 'LOGO', '1',
'MOVIES', 'INTRO15F', '1',
'Window', 'Maximized', '0',
'Window', 'x', '211',
'Window', 'y', '66',

I have attached two screenshots of the main monitor and what the game looks like. The game is not centered and appears to be lowered so my game choices are all off the right side and bottom of my screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The game is unplayable, for me, in window mode with two monitors everytime I move my cursor to the side make the game screen slide my mouse moves out of the game and to my other monitor and if I click it minimizes the game.

Thanks,
Mereinid

Comments

• SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    Have you tried disabling display scaling on high dpi settings?
  • nosecretnosecret Member Posts: 92
    I haven't had it happen to that extreme; but occasionally it does shift upward relative to screen resolution a bit when I alt tab in Linux (or cmd tab when playing on macbook). I find alt-enter or cmd-return twice fixes it.

Both OS'es are running BG2:EE under wine.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Do you have any sort of DPI scaling enabled on your computer?

Try this:

1. Right-click on Baldur.exe and choose "Properties"
    2. In the Compatibility tab, select "Disable High-DPI Scaling"
    3. Click Apply, then launch the game