Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

There's currently a forum problem with avatars not showing in reactions.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Prison Architect

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,732
Anyone try this out at all? I've been playing it. I just had a prison riot and a large section of my prison was burned to the ground. Fun stuff :D

jackjacklolien

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,247
    I've watched a let's play. It looks awesome, but for some reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet. That may have to change…

elminsterlolien
  • CorianderCoriander Member, Administrator, Developer Posts: 1,667
    I grabbed it during the early Alpha. It's been a lot of fun to try out new features as they're added. I'm getting progressively worse at management as things become more complicated.

jackjackelminsterlolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,732
    Coriander said:

I grabbed it during the early Alpha. It's been a lot of fun to try out new features as they're added. I'm getting progressively worse at management as things become more complicated.

Yea you get your prison up to a certain size and you think you've got a good system going. Until something goes horribly wrong :D

At least in my experience anyways.

jackjack
  • CorianderCoriander Member, Administrator, Developer Posts: 1,667
    And sometimes I just can't seem to lay out a 5x5 square correctly during planning. Instant restart. Then I'll forget something like drains, or work on a power line will get blocked somehow during construction. So many dead bodies.

jackjackelminster
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Unless you can create an insane magical prison with sci-fi technology a la Superjail and be a weird, Willy Wonka-esque lunatic like the selfsame's Warden, I'm simply not interested.

jackjackDrugar
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,732
    edited August 2014

Unless you can create an insane magical prison with sci-fi technology a la Superjail and be a weird, Willy Wonka-esque lunatic like the selfsame's Warden, I'm simply not interested.

There are actually mods out at the moment that change the game, though I don't know to what extent. For instance I know there is a mod that changes things so you can look like you are building an imperial prison from Star Wars.

Edit: Looks like its just a reskining. Still is a rather fun mod though :)

jackjack