Skip to content

Can I still get Mazzy as an 8th level character? (Spoilers)

Just finished/escaped the first dungeon and got to the promenade. My monk hit the required experience to be level 9 when we hit the exit, but I haven't actually hit the level up button yet. (I did, without thinking, level Jaheira up in her druid class in the dungeon.) I'd like to get Mazzy in time to pick her level 9 proficiency. Anyone know if I can still do that if I don't hit the level up button? Anyone know if I can still get her if I do hit the level up botton (which would be helpful as my monk gets much better at level 9)? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    As long as you don't level up it should work.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    If you have near infinity, you can change the 2da file which adjusts npc level .
  • RandyMcStudRandyMcStud Member Posts: 71
    I am not sure if it works with EE, but I think there was an option in the tweak pack that fixed the starting level of all NPCs to their lowest level, but gave them a level of experience that corresponded with your character, so if you picked them up at a higher level, they would still be level 8, but could then be immediately leveled, allowing you to allocate proficiencies and skills.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    That's the "TOB-Style NPCs" component of the BG2 Tweak Pack - no clue if it's EE-compatible, though.
  • bjornebjorne Member Posts: 32
    Thank you all for the comments. I'm actually on Ipad, so no mods at all. I'm going to try taking a run for her without leveling, which may be a bit challenging as an 8th level monk. Hoping that it only counts the level up, and not the level equivalent of the exp I have.
  • bjornebjorne Member Posts: 32
    Just an update in case anyone looks this up in the future... Although I had leveled Jaheira and had gotten enough exp to level but had not actually done so on my main, I went straight for Mazzy after exiting the first dungeon and was able to get her at level 8 (meaning I can assign her level 9 proficiency). As a side note, I did the dungeon where Mazzy is found in its entirety first and then went and got Nalia and Anomen. When I got Anomen he was already a level 11 cleric even though I'm only a 9th level monk.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    bjorne said:

Just an update in case anyone looks this up in the future... Although I had leveled Jaheira and had gotten enough exp to level but had not actually done so on my main, I went straight for Mazzy after exiting the first dungeon and was able to get her at level 8 (meaning I can assign her level 9 proficiency). As a side note, I did the dungeon where Mazzy is found in its entirety first and then went and got Nalia and Anomen. When I got Anomen he was already a level 11 cleric even though I'm only a 9th level monk.

Anomen is kind of weird in that sense because his creature name numbers don't really correspond to his cleric levels. If you get Anomen at level 9, he is as you pointed out actually a level 11 cleric.