Skip to content

Trying to keep the wisdom tome I'm supposed to give to the Umberlee priestess

KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
I don't want to fight her if I can avoid it. I tried having Safana drink a perception potion and using PP, but she only has a skill of 40 and I haven't been able to get it after many reloads. Is there any way to finish the geas quest without the priestess' help? I considered dropping Safana and picking up Alora to try more PP. I'm pretty sure she has a high skill. But, Safana is CN and my rep is 20, so once I cut her loose, she's gone. Besides, I don't like the idea of cutting people from the party for something like this. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Post edited by Kneller on

Comments

• JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    Potions of master thievery stack, iirc. However, I have never tried to PP the priestess, so I do not know how high the skill needs to be. I usually just bypass the whole geas quest altogether and PP it from the temple.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    You could drop someone else instead of Safana to pick up Alora, this way you have temporary two Thieves in your party. Pick pocket the Tome using potions if necessary then drop Alora and pick up the member you left behind.

You could roleplay it that you need a master Thief to accomplish a task without violence, so you hire Alora for a few hours, you could even remove some gold from your inventory to represent the payment.
  • RandyMcStudRandyMcStud Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2014
    Well the easiest thing is simply to kill her, decent xp, no reputation penalty.

However if you want to avoid it for rp reasons, I am fairly certain you can pickpocket the geas cure itself. As for the tome, I dont know, but you might be able to steal it bacl once you have given it to her. Safest bet would be to just steal the cure.

As has been mentioned, master thievery potions stack, so pick pocket rating shouldnt be an issue.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I couldn't help you if I tried. I always kill the child-murderers.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited August 2014
    Pickpocketing is the way to go. If it succeeds YAY! If it doesn't you've got a good reason to kill the child murdering bitches.
    I for got to say you can increase your chances by using the potions of master thievery as mentioned above, but you can use Luck spells to increase your roll.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    When you talk to her, say that you don't trust her, and she will give you the geas before you give her the tome, then don't give her the tome. She will get hostile, but you can simply get out of the temple. You'll have the tome and you'll be able to complete your quest.

But you should do the other quest related to the umberlee temple before doing this, or you won't be able to do that later.
  • nosecretnosecret Member Posts: 92
    edited August 2014
    Pibaro said:

When you talk to her, say that you don't trust her, and she will give you the geas before you give her the tome, then don't give her the tome. She will get hostile, but you can simply get out of the temple...

And the citizens of Baldur's Gate will be all atwitter about how brave charname's tactical retreat was :D

Town Crier: CHARNAME #welchedondealdidn'tfaceconsequences!