Skip to content

How can I tell if De'Arnise Romance mod is working/properly installed? (spoilers)

TerminusEstTerminusEst Member Posts: 3
I've played BG2 for several years before playing the EE and I've never used a mod once. However I recently got the Nalia romance mod(because she just HAD to be romanceable) from PPG. I know it's compatible with BG2 EE, but I need to know where and when the romance is supposed to kick off. I followed the directions on installing it and as of now I am doing the De'Arnise Keep quest and have not killed TorGal yet. So far nothing has happened to indicate the romance has started. Is it supposed to start off before the completion of the quest, or right after it?

Comments

• jcomptonjcompton Member Posts: 157
    The romance doesn't begin until after you kill Tor'Gal. The first step is ensuring that the PC takes the keep. Once all that is worked out, the romance content will begin.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    And it's something that, when it happens, you'll know.
  • dreambleddreambled Member Posts: 48
    I guess the fastest way to see if the mod installed correctly (and this is the only mod you have installed) is to play a class that is not a fighter type class (fighter, barbarian, monk). After you kill Torgal, the mod will add in extra dialogue to allow a none-fighter class to take the keep. If it's too late for that, just wait until the game blares some guitar music at you. You'll know it when you hear it.