Skip to content

BG2EE freezing when sleeping due to having dorn in the team?

IrithylIrithyl Member Posts: 40
Heya! I have a problem in bg2ee that I can't solve. Every time I try to sleep my game freezes, this problem only stops if I don't have Dorn in my team. Also this problem only appeared after I killed the paladins in a camp, from Dorn Quest. Can anyone help me out? :)

Comments

• TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    What's in Dorn's inventory? I had a similar problem with an item from a mod that somehow got corrupted.
    jackjack
  • IrithylIrithyl Member Posts: 40
    I cleared all his inventory and still the game freezes when I sleep :s Only by removing him from the team do I manage to sleep again, so it's either a script or an affect that he has and that appeared after that quest of his that created the problem :s
    Does anyone know how to fix stuff like this? :s
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Its been awhile since I've played his quest. Could it be related to perhaps some dialogue that is supposed to trigger after you rest after going through the camp? I've tagged Dee as he might be able to help.

@Dee
    jackjack
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It would be the most helpful to have a saved game to look at, if you can upload one. Be sure to put the folder for your saved game in a zip file first.
    elminsterCrevsDaakjackjack
    There you go! Thank you a lot for this help :D
    Hey, did you get to check the saved game? :)
    Well it crashes for me as well. Do you have a save from before you killed the helmite camp?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Does it still happen if you uninstall your mods and beat the camp section again?
    elminster
    I don't have any save from before the Helmite Camp :(
    I noticed that after I kill them all, and then get that fight against paladins and the woman proposing Dorn to kill his master, the journal is stuck on the quest "you have to go to the helmite camp and kill paladin X".
    Do you think it's one of the variables in Dorn that didn't change after doing the helmite camp?
    Are you running any mods?
    jackjack
    I am. Assassinations, back to brynnlaw, Dungeon Crawl, Duskblade, rogues redone, sellswords, the almateria restoration, bg2 tweaks, quest pack, iwdification, spontaneous casting, stratagems, wand case, unfinished business. I just completed all Dorn's quests pre-tob, yet the problem hasnt gone away, my team can only rest if I kick him :(
    Well then. Its probably an issue with one of those mods.
    Meanbunnyjackjack
    I am uninstalling the almateria, because I never had problems with any of those until I installed the almateria, I hope the bug goes away
    It's funny, after I complete Dorn's quests even if I remove him, the party can't rest. But if I remove him right after the helmite camp, the party can rest. I deleted that mod and the problem continues :s
    I think it's fixed!!! I kicked him, and then invited him again and it is fixed haha! great great great so happy, I love this game <3
    jackjackArdul
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    So you uninstalled the Almateria mod, kicked Dorn out of your party and then re-invited him, and that fixed your issue?
    It did, though I'm not sure it has anything to do with the Almateria mod. I didnt try re inviting him before uninstalling the mod. I just remember having that problem after installing that mod.