Skip to content

disappearing sidebars

BGEE V1.3.1220 on Samsung galaxy note 10.1
The game has been almost flawless...until escaping from flaming fist jail. Upon exiting, left right and bottom bars disappear and I cannot get them back. I have a saved game prior to it happening, but I've restore a few times and cannot avoid the bug.

Comments

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    This is a known issue. If you have a keyboard you can hook up to your tablet (bluetooth or otherwise) just press "h" and the UI will come back.
  • breetbreet Member Posts: 2
    Great, thanks. As it happens you can also progress without being jailed, but now I know what to do if it happens randomly.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    edited August 2014
    Here is a bit more information for other people who come across this problem, information taken from the g+ group for the android beta:

This is a known issue, the user interface decides to hide itself for no good reason. If you have a physical keyboard for you tablet (bluetooth or otherwise), connect it and hit the "h" key to bring it back. If you don't, but you have the PC version of the game too, you can transfer you save game to your computer, load the save, hit "h", save the game, move it back to the tablet.

If none of these are an option, you can find a virtual keyboard app from the play store that allows you to pull up the keyboard at any time, and hit the "h" key when in the game. The combination of "Hacker's Keyboard" and "Smart Status Bar" mentioned here: http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/28045/is-there-any-way-to-manually-bring-up-the-keyboard does the trick.
    Post edited by cmk24 on
  • ToastToast Member Posts: 1
    For me (on a nexus 7) only the left sidebar has been missing.

I tried the solution above with hackers keyboard + smart statusbar.

Pressing 'h' on the keyboard toggled my right and bottom bars, so the disapeared and then came back with a second tap but still no sign of my left sidebar.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Toast said:

For me (on a nexus 7) only the left sidebar has been missing.

I tried the solution above with hackers keyboard + smart statusbar.

Pressing 'h' on the keyboard toggled my right and bottom bars, so the disapeared and then came back with a second tap but still no sign of my left sidebar.

Try 'y'.