Skip to content

Would you like to see a hunger and thirst mechanic added to the game?

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Wow, this poll really went the distance. Kudos for that. but at the end of the day, 60+ percent don't want it and 19% went some variation on not caring that much. I'd think that pretty much answers the question.

Not that if someone created a mod, people wouldn't use it. Just that it isn't really seen as a need among this community. I think there are enough other areas that aren't realistic (such as universally fitting armor and the travel till you die mechanic) that say that this isn't really 'That type of game'. Just my opinion though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    thespace said:

And, of course, in pen and paper D&D, you ended up buying 1 weeks worth of "iron rations" at character creation, and then your character just marched around fasting, carrying stale rations, for the entire campaign.

Only in your campaign my friend. Our DM was very meticulous about how much food we were carrying around at any given time. Sure, we had a ranger who could forage, but that wasn't 100% the solution (one time we had seal for dinner). I am not sure what mechanic he used, but we got penalized if we didn't have food. I know because my wizard was always over-encumbered until he realized that he could intimidate the Dwarf in our group into carrying it for him.