Skip to content

Why can I not dual class in black pits?

I have a kensai lvl 9 that I decided to dual class to mage. My plan was to return to tier 1 fights to level up the new mage, but it fails. I don't get any xp from winning the battles. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    It seems that OP title is not appropriate: your issue is not: "Why can I not dual class in black pits?" but: "I don't get any xp from winning already fought battles in black pits.".

I suggest you to edit it.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    IIRC it's because the XP cap in the BlackPits is not really an XP cap but a level cap, 10 as you are aware.

But to be level 10 as a Fighter requires 500,000 XP while to be level 10 as a Mage requires 250,000 XP.

So I think that when you reached level 9 as a Fighter (250,000 XP), you could continue to progress normally until level 10. But because you dualled into a Mage, your XP cap became 250,000 because Mage level 10 requires 250,000 XP. And then the game considered that you have reached the XP cap.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Or you could just start over and import your char. Add to that an XP cap remover and you're good to go.
  • Jeppeboy1Jeppeboy1 Member Posts: 5

It seems that OP title is not appropriate: your issue is not: "Why can I not dual class in black pits?" but: "I don't get any xp from winning already fought battles in black pits.".

I suggest you to edit it.

I suggest you stop marking words and try to help me out with the real issue instead. Like the other very helpful fellas did.

Thanks guys. Problem solved, I imported him to a new game and duel classed and now it seems to work properly.

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited August 2014
    UUUH! Completely missed that reply!
    Jeppeboy1 said:

I suggest you stop marking words and try to help me out with the real issue instead. Like the other very helpful fellas did.

@Jeppeboy1 I'm a moderator and pointing that out is my job: I could have edited that by myself but I preferred to be less invasive so I simply advised you.

I'm sorry if that displeased you but this will not stop me to do my job as a moderator neither will stop me to point out your complete lack of respect toward others and in particular to forum moderators.

Please read the forum rules, especially the one about how to behave towards others, before posting such disrespectful statements against people who simply want to help you make your thread more visible and let others understand better your questions.

EDIT: anyway, I'll close the thread since the issue is solved. If someone has problems, just PM me or another moderator.

This discussion has been closed.