Skip to content

Bgconfig

GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
Hello,

The original BG had a config that allowed me to adjust brightness or somesuch thing (gamma?). I forget the exact name of the settings, but without them the game is barely visible on my screen. My monitor is already set at full brightness, yet everything is very dark.

I understand that the old bgconfig doesn't work because of differences between the engines (or whatever it is), but is something like this planned for the future, or is there someway that I can make the adjustments myself?

Thank you

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Grammarsalad try this mod. Maybe it will help you with brightness/gamma adjustments.
    Grammarsaladlolien
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Cahir said:

@Grammarsalad try this mod. Maybe it will help you with brightness/gamma adjustments.

I will do that. Thank you @Cahir‌
    Cahir
  • Spjuv3rnSpjuv3rn Member Posts: 61
    Silly question, but did you try changing the brightness with the ingame options?
    Spjuv3rn said:

Silly question, but did you try changing the brightness with the ingame options?

I couldn't find any @Spjuv3rn‌ . Where are they?
  • Spjuv3rnSpjuv3rn Member Posts: 61
    @Grammarsalad -.- You know what, i suck. Been playing to much vanilla recently.

Great idea, a way to change your brightness would be very welcome.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637

Spjuv3rn said:

I couldn't find any @Spjuv3rn‌ . Where are they?
    There might be a setting in the games configuration file if there isn't one in the GUI, but then again they did strip out a lot of settings from the config file.
    edited August 2014
    No worries @Spjuv3rn‌

Edit: I'll report here how well the mod worked
    It works! I can see! Special thanks to @argent77‌ . this is on my "essential mods" list.
    argent77CrevsDaak
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,428
    A new version is already in the pipeline that will greatly improve compatibility with all the other shader mods out there (currently zero, afaik). I'll release it as soon the next WeiDU version is out.
    CrevsDaakErgGrammarsaladlolien