Skip to content

Soo, Wraithform for a Fighter/Mage? [which mobs have magic weapons?]

Theoretically, this should be useful through much BG1, but almost useless for BG2, maybe?

Which mobs can hit you through it?

Wraithspider?
Vampire Wolf?
Ettercap?
Umber Hulk?
Troll?
Spectral Troll?
Flesh Golem?
Wyvern?
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• 10thLich10thLich Member Posts: 99
    Ygramul said:

Which mobs can hit you through it?

All of them. Flesh Golem hits as +3, Trolls as +2, Umber Hulks as +3 etc.
    elminsterCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Immunity to normal weapons is a pretty meh immunity as far as BG2 is concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the weaker enemies (slavers for instance) won't be able to hit you but otherwise its not that great. Especially given you have Stoneskin by that point.
    CrevsDaakjackjackJuliusBorisov
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    edited August 2014
    The one place it comes in handy is the Temple Ruins - Shadows and Shadow fiends use non-magical weapons, so your fighter-mage can laugh off their attacks and roast them with Sunfire or something.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    How about BG1.
    I think you get the spell past Candlekeep Catacombs.
    Are there any good uses for it? (Assuming you already cleared most wilderness by that point.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    You think the verisimilitude is annoying? Try having an evil cleric turn them against each other, only to find out that they can't actually hurt each other. It's the most annoying thing in the world, and honestly one of the main reasons I'm reluctant to recruit Viconia a lot of the time.
    RAM021CrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Pibaro
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

10thLich said:

Flesh Golem hits as +3, Trolls as +2, Umber Hulks as +3 etc.

Shadows and Shadow fiends use non-magical weapons,

See, that makes no sense to me. Trolls and umber hulks just hit you with fists and claws. A golem is animated by magic, but I'm not sure that means it's fists should be considered enchanted weapons (especially weapons +3, which is very powerful). Whereas Shadows are purely magical creatures, literally without substance (just shadow) apart from the magic. Seems to me they should be the ones with magical attacks.

Is this all true to PnP? Did the Monster Manual(s) even cover this to a great degree? Or did Bioware just go in and set thing arbitrarily in order to balance the game? (I.e. more Bioware 'house rules?')

Man it would be great if there was a mod to go through all the game's monsters and set these things sensibly/true to PnP. "Creature Revisions" of something. Would be a lot of work though.
    I can't find any mention of their claws being considered magic weapons in PnP, but considering they have a 25% chance of causing a cave in I'd say charname gets off lucky by having them hit with claws that act as though they are +3 weapons.
    jackjack