Skip to content

Getting the most out of Hexxat

What gear and level up choices would you recommend to get the most out of Hexxat?

I'm thinking:
Scarlet Ninja-to
Belm
Gauntlets of E. W. S.
Human Flesh +5
Boots of the Cheetah
Blessed Bracers
Montolios Cloak
Helm of Balduran
Lum machine +1 strength

This gets APR to 9 with Improved Haste
THAC0 would be 10 base, -4 strength, +2 mainhand, +6 offhand, -2 offhand cloak, -1 helm, -1 gauntlets, -3 mainhand SNT, -2 offhand Belm

This brings it to:
3 mainhand THAC0 1d8+3+8 str+2 gloves= 17.5 damage
6 offhand THAC0 1d8+2+8 str+2 gloves= 16.5 damage

Or 77 damage/round.

Can anyone help to construct a comprehensive list of strategies to improve this with items or outside buffs?

elminster

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterAbi_Dalzimjackjack
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I wouldn't waste all the best gear on Hexxat, though. Belm and Kundane should probably go on your other front-liners. Decide what's "enough" and we should optimize how to get there.
    jackjack
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Getting the most out of Hexxat?
    Try a stake. Start at the chest cavity and then continue south.
    Leonjackjackelementgrisbossk
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014
    If you are going to go for the Gauntlets of ES I wouldn't bother with Blessed Bracers. I'd give her Gauntlets of WE or Gauntlets of WS and then I'd just switch them.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I was gonna say that if you wanted to get the best out of Hexxat, be a woman.
    elminsterFinneousPJDelvarian
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

I wouldn't waste all the best gear on Hexxat, though. Belm and Kundane should probably go on your other front-liners. Decide what's "enough" and we should optimize how to get there.

Other characters are Dorn, Rasaad, Neera so they don't really need any of the listed gear (as the front liners will focus on GW).

There's a 6th slot available too, not sure who I want there. With charname being a FMC I don't really need anything besides maybe another pure caster. I thought of Haer'dalis but I find Blade pretty lackluster without whirlwind.
    Does anyone have an idea how low enemy AC gets?

I'm thinking bless/chant minor sequencer and maybe some other similar things, just need to know what my target THAC0 should be.
    edited August 2014
    Wowo said:

I'm thinking bless/chant minor sequencer and maybe some other similar things, just need to know what my target THAC0 should be.

Enemy AC in BG2 varies pretty widely, even in ToB. But 3 Thac0 should be pretty good for most enemies. Her problem is likely going to be avoiding getting pounded.
    jackjack
    elminster said:

Wowo said:

Enemy AC in BG2 varies pretty widely, even in ToB. But 3 Thac0 should be pretty good for most enemies. Her problem is likely going to be avoiding getting pounded.
    Besides micromanagement do you have any suggestions?
    Which are the best thief armours?
    edited August 2014
    Micromanagement is going to be your best bet. That or casting the priest spell "regeneration" on her. She really can't get much in the way of physical damage resistances and giving her more AC reducing items probably won't be very effective.
    Post edited by elminster on
    jackjack
    Thanks for the ideas, now I just have to figure out how to kill Treya ...
    elminster
    edited August 2014
    Can't you just position a thief/bard with a high score in pickpocket (you can use potions to raise it if necessary) to where she normally exits the map (and pickpocket her as she's leaving)?
    jackjack
    elminster said:

Can't you just position a thief/bard with a high score in pickpocket (you can use potions to raise it if necessary) to where she normally exits the map (and pickpocket her as she's leaving)?

I just haven't picked up a thief or bard for such a duty. I guess I can go and get fake hexxat.
    elminsterjackjack