Skip to content

Can Mods cause Beregost bug?

windspinwindspin Member Posts: 20
Hey guys, I am currently getting the Beregost bug on my games.

I explored Beregost - did my raiding, collected quests, ect. Left, created a separate save file as I have been troubleshooting this for awhile, exited the game, started game and verified that fresh save could re-enter Beregost. Then reloaded that save and went from there.

So I continued, explored nashkel and nashkel mines outlying area, and now I am getting a Beregost bug.

I read some old old posts about the door to the jovial juggler causing the bug if it was left open. But that isn't linear with what I've been seeing as I have been able to go back with it open.

This has happened three times now... where I was watching my saves, went through, happened again.

I am using SCS, BG2Tweaks and BG1NPC mods.

Is there a chance the mods may have something to do with this? I can't really get around it because it's happening in each playthrough. I have at least been smart enough to make so many save files this time around that I have not lost my game yet. I have a file that will load Beregost - but it's only a matter of time. It is not very immersive when I have to paranoid load-save-check every time I am at the edge of a map.

I haven't even made it into the Nashkel Mines yet without stumbling into this =(

Sigh. This game is amazing. Should I just uninstall all the dang mods and play??

Comments

• windspinwindspin Member Posts: 20
    I had just defeated the Greywolf too, after a like ten attempts! Christmas chicken...
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    What is the bug exactly?
  • windspinwindspin Member Posts: 20
    I was getting a freezing bug upon entering Beregost. Game would stop and only closure = alt/ctlr/delete. Reloading the file didn't fix it, Beregost entry would still crash.

It seems to have been pretty common once upon a time. I tried to find out about it from google and it fished up a number of dusty threads.

I have been able to self-diagnose that it is either from

1) beta movement speed fix (BG2tweaks) or
    2) a component from BG1NPC

I have reinstalled, minus the above (I don't know if it's one or the other), and the problem seems to have gone away. Finished the mines as well as the area that I was "collecting" the bug from.
  • This sounds like BGT! Not BGEE