Skip to content

Never Finished ToB; Let's do This

I've beaten BG1 and SoA multiple times but never got around to going through ToB. Now that I have BG2EE I'm going to remedy that. I don't have time for marathon playing sessions like when I was younger so I don't want to have multiple games or multiple restarts this time.

Help me choose between a couple of ideas I have for my current play through.

Option 1:

Charname Skald
Korgan, later replaced with Keldorn
Minsc
Yoshimo, later replaced with Imoen
Aerie
I'll use the sixth spot for npc's when I do their respective quests but probably only keep five for chapter four and beyond.

Option 2:
Charname thief/mage multi class
Korgan/Keldorn
Minsc
Aerie
Then use npc's for their quests and eventually pick up Imoen.

I've beaten SoA with an Inquisitor, Archer, Kensage, and a Kensai/Thief. As you can see, the characters I created before were usually getting over 80% of the kills. I was wanting to use a character in more of a utility role this time for something different.

I know I could beat SoA with the groups I mentioned but was wondering if they would work well in ToB.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Just because the world of Faerum is full of thieves/mages, go for a Skald!

Although a skald is the type of less involved chararacters (due to singing for the most part of the game), you can still combine the singing with casting spells and using wands.

Playing as a skald feels differently indeed. Not only he's a bard (and playing a bard already feels differently) but also he's so good in singing. All your party will be much more effective in the battle.

The most important part, to me, is to have fun. And one of the shortest ways to happiness is RP-ing your party, your charname. So, if you choose a skald, RP it.

You can even use the EE-keeper and make your character a dwarf. A dwarven skald. Like in the Norse myth. Lot's of fun.

For the inspiration, you can read http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31428/dwarven-skald#latest and http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31971/song-battle-the-tale-of-ocker-trueforge-an-scs-no-reload-adventure#latest
  • GlidderdustGlidderdust Member Posts: 70
    Thanks for those links. I'll give them a read before I start my new game.