Skip to content

Long bow of Stealth +5

CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
as requested by @Jepatrienosaksen‌, I created a mod that adds a new item to late SoA BG2, so you can use a serious longbow in ToB (LBs aren't that bad in SoA… just use the Manabow with arrows of Dispelling/Biting).
The bow is actually added to the Elven City near the end of SoA (I can't spell the name properly, sorry), there are two options, one to randomize it trough the City, and the other to just add it to a container in the main area.

Item description:

Longbow of Stealth, the Stealthy Strike +5:
Crafted by the finest Elven workmanship on the Realms and enchanted by a powerful Sorcerer this bow has the ability of turning the target deaf as well as helping the wielder to hide in the shadows of the night. As the string is drawn back, arrows are created out of the strength of the wielder, this grants ammunition to the user in cases he could not be using the bow.

STATISTICS

Combat Abilities:
- The bow requires no ammunition
- There are 10% chances the wielder loses a point of Strength for two rounds when attacking an opponent
- Deafness over the target for one and a half round unless he save vs. Spell when hit

Equipped Abilities:
- The user gains a 15% bonus to Stealth

THAC0: +6
Damage: 1d6+4 (missile)
Speed Factor: 1
Proficiency Type: Longbow
Type: Two-handed
Requires:
6 Strength

Weight: 2

I also made a mod that adds some Arrows +4, but the code to actually _add them_ to the game doesn't want to work, anyway this is their Item Description:

Arrows of Acidic Poisoning, Arrows of Sevlhan +4:
A long time ago, a merchant mage from Calishman, Sevlhan, created many of these arrows to be used by an adventuring party whom was later slaughtered by a group of Orcs. The arrows got sold to a merchant, who, selling the arrows in small quantities, spread the all over the Sword Coast and it's vicinities.

STATISTICS

Combat Abilities:
- The victim must save vs. Death or be poisoned with Acid for 1 turn for 5 damage each round

THAC0: +4
Damage: 1d6+1 (missile)
Launcher: Bow

Weight: 0

The mod can be found here as well under this post ;)
Windows users should use the Setup-7C#BowArrows.EXE while mac users should use the Setup-7C#BowArrows (no extension).
Wandering_MinstrelDungeonnoobBlackravenElrandirbooinyoureyeslolienJuliusBorisovGodKaiserHell

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    If the mac version installer is opened with TextEdit instead of being opened with Terminal, open terminal (go to finder and press CMD+shift+U, then select Terminal and double-click it inside that directory) and use the cd /path/to/BG2/resources/folder command to reach the file and then use the chmod +x [filename] command in the terminal to make it an executable, then open it and done. :D
    lolien
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    Wow..bow
    BlackravenCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • ZakharonZakharon Member Posts: 72
    Does this mod work without and problems?
    Zakharon said:

Does this mod work without and problems?

Yeah, at least the bow installs fine and works fine. If you find any issues please report them to me ;)
    Zakharonlolien
    What I always wondered is why no one has made a mod for new quivers? Infinite fire/ice/slaying/+3/+4 ect
    Wandering_MinstrelCrevsDaakElrandirlolien
    Zakharon said:

What I always wondered is why no one has made a mod for new quivers? Infinite fire/ice/slaying/+3/+4 ect

OK, I'll work on that instead of over the arrows… Seems like a good idea. Thanks @Zakharon‌! ;D
    Wandering_MinstrelZakharonlolien
    CrevsDaak said:

Zakharon said:

OK, I'll work on that instead of over the arrows… Seems like a good idea. Thanks @Zakharon‌! ;D
    Hey anytime, I'm a big fan of this game and I have tons of ideas if ya need any :)
    CrevsDaak
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    do you need to start a new game for this to work or will it work so long as I have not gone to the area the bow is added yet?
    Do you happen to have experience with making kits, small areas, ect? I can tell you know how to make weapons.

do you need to start a new game for this to work or will it work so long as I have not gone to the area the bow is added yet?

no and no, the bow is added by the area script, so you only need to be there to pick it up (if you installed the randimezung version, you'll have to search all along the City, also it might fail if you already killed the Drow Mage or the Majarajah) if you can't find it open the console and type this:
    GetGlobal("7C#RandomizedBow","GLOBAL")
    Zakharon said:

Do you happen to have experience with making kits, small areas, ect? I can tell you know how to make weapons.

I have experience in kits, yes, even porting them to the EE engine. Areas a litle bit comlex, but still not out of my scope--what I cannot do is new artworks, I'm no artist.
    I'd say making weapons is the easiest, I don't use editors anymore to edit weapons, I just use weidu and tell it hwa it has to change on the weapon for me, this way it takes less time :D
    CrevsDaak said:

no and no, the bow is added by the area script, so you only need to be there to pick it up (if you installed the randimezung version, you'll have to search all along the City, also it might fail if you already killed the Drow Mage or the Majarajah) if you can't find it open the console and type this:
    GetGlobal("7C#RandomizedBow","GLOBAL")
    Zakharon said:

I have experience in kits, yes, even porting them to the EE engine. Areas a litle bit comlex, but still not out of my scope--what I cannot do is new artworks, I'm no artist.
    I'd say making weapons is the easiest, I don't use editors anymore to edit weapons, I just use weidu and tell it hwa it has to change on the weapon for me, this way it takes less time :D
    Ah ok well I have had a few posts I've made in the past on my mod ideas, regretably no moders seemed to have looked, so I'll link them here :P

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34043/mod-request-doomguide-a-neutral-paladin?new=1

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/33893/mod-request-player-character-moonblade#latest
    CrevsDaaklolien
    Wanted to say I installed the mod, but I dont think it worked, I could not find he bow
    CrevsDaak
    Zakharon said:

Wanted to say I installed the mod, but I dont think it worked, I could not find he bow

If you installed the randomizing version, then you're gonna have a bad time searching for it… If you want to cheat, open the console and type in GetGlobal("7C#RandomizedBow","GLOBAL"). Tell me the result and I'll tell you where it is.
    lolienjackjack
  • Zakharon said:

Item Upgrades adds an option to upgrade the infinite +2 quivers into +3 quivers, but infinite elemental arrow quivers might be interesting.

CrevsDaakiavasechui
    @Zakharon‌
    CrevsDaak said:

Zakharon said:

If you installed the randomizing version, then you're gonna have a bad time searching for it… If you want to cheat, open the console and type in GetGlobal("7C#RandomizedBow","GLOBAL"). Tell me the result and I'll tell you where it is.
    Did you that and see if it worked?
    lolien
    No I totally forgot and I had not made a backup save in the city and moved into TOB
    Is it possible to find the bow in a ToB new game? I tried to eekeep it in just to try it out and while it showed up as a bow in eekeeper it became a small amount of gold when I loaded the edited save.
    lolienCrevsDaak

Is it possible to find the bow in a ToB new game? I tried to eekeep it in just to try it out and while it showed up as a bow in eekeeper it became a small amount of gold when I loaded the edited save.

No ideas while that would happen. I'd rather recommend using the console rather than EEKeeper. It's code-name is 7C#BOW01.
    iavasechuilolien
    Thanks I'll try that out and see if it works~
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Ah geez, first Teleomortis now this! Longbow Archers stand a chance now, baby!
    CrevsDaaklolien