Skip to content

[Mod Issue] Armor and Shield Item Descriptions Missing

ga_jga_j Member Posts: 24
edited August 2014 in Troubleshooting
Hi all,

I just started playing BG:EE again and I'm delighted to see there are still patches and features being built around this awesome game.

I noticed that as of patch 1.3 my character's armors and shields no longer have a description and just say "placeholder" - I thought this might be helpful to pass along.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Did you have any mods installed prior to the update?
  • ga_jga_j Member Posts: 24
    Uh oh - I did. I installed the BG1 Tweaks pack for BG:EE.
    That'd do it. the update will have undone any changes to the tlk file as well as removing any files from override.
    Okay - so I should uninstall and reinstall the tweak pack? Also, I noticed this patch seemed to fix a bug I noticed just yesterday where resting while having any items in containers (gem bag, scroll case, etc) caused the game to crash. Schweet!
    Reinstalling the tweak pack should fix the problem, yep.
    Sorry if this is the wrong place for this - reinstalling the BG1 Tweaks now throws error -

ERROR: BIFF [./DATA/AR01XX.BIF] cannot be loaded: Invalid_argument("String.create")

It does this on installing virtually every single possible component of the mod.

O.o
    @ga_j‌ I'm moving this to Troubleshooting, since we've established it's not an issue with the installed game.

@CamDawg‌ Any ideas?
    Hopefully this helps some - even though the installer throws the error, the components seem to install successfully for the most part.

Of the components I attempted to install, reveal city maps and identify all items do not install correctly. The error itself was similar to the one above.