Skip to content

Piracy/Transferring Machine

I'm currently in the process of swapping machines with my fella, for this simple fact the software I tend to use for music creation is really greedy (I'm running 2gb RAM, Windows Vista, 150gb HDD, while his is 6GB RAM, Windows 7, 1 TB HDD). Am I allowed to transfer the game over to what will be my new computer, or will I need to re-buy it?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    You should just be able to copy the folder it is in, throw it onto a usb key, and then paste it onto his computer. You may need to login again but otherwise it should work fine. You'll also want to copy and paste the documents/baldur's gate enhanced edition folder into his documents folder because that has all your saved games and characters.

That is if you own the game through beamdog.com. Other websites may have different processes involved.
  • Style_CommanderStyle_Commander Member Posts: 9
    I bought it through Beamdog. I thought I'd have to Reset the registration from the pop up window when you open the game initially.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014
    You'll probably have to login into your account initially. But you won't have to change any registration stuff.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well, I've gone the whole hog, transfered just the installer over and I'll start a new game from scratch. I'd cocked a load of the side quests up anyway.
    elminster