Skip to content

Any AI improvements? (or SCS-like enhancement?)

Major issue with the otherwise great IWD was that AI was shoddy.
Though BG/BG2 was improved greatly with SCS, such luck was unavailable for IWD.

Has there been any improvement on this?

@DavidW‌ ?

Related issue: they mention "new spells from BG2"
Assuming these include the plethora of meta-magic & invisibility management spells & contingencies, IWD will *NEED* new and better AI; would be useless without it.

Is this done?

** Original IWD spellcasters were pushovers!
Focus fire brought them down immediately, since they lacked contingencies etc. I want a game where you *FEAR* mages again; one where a no-reload challenge has meaning.

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    IWD magic was reasonably well balanced, especially compared to BG2 mages; non-mages have a fair chance. Casters still are devestating offensively, but as per basic common sense, casters have the drawback of being more fragile.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Yes, but if BG2 spells are introduced to IWD, all that has now changed!

Did the AI get an update to deal with all this?
    (Otherwise I can solo no-reload a sorcerer through IWD with my hands tied behind my back.)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This would be pretty cool, but I dunno if David W has the time or even wants to do this.
    Could any devs comment on any AI enhancements please? @Dee‌ ?
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    If there are AI upgrades in IWDEE I haven't been involved with them. (Though I haven't had time to have much to do with the project other than supplying them with an EE version of IWD-in-BG2 as a starting point.) I have a half-finished version of an SCS mod for IWD but no idea when I'll get around to finishing it; years, probably.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @DavidW‌
    Simple solution - just clone yourself! :D
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    That sort of thing inevitably ends up with the clones falling out (or some of them being corrupted) leading to a huge battle to the death - ultimately not a net plus for productivity, even given the initial bonus.
  • BobCBobC Member Posts: 47
    I hope they don't put contingency in this game. I rather not have the overpowered mages from bg2.
    Sed said:

@DavidW‌
    Simple solution - just clone yourself! :D

Actually, seriously:

@DavidW‌

Have you considered casting Simulacrum?
    (Or is your version running the nerfed version that cannot use... err.... develop items.)

Just be sure not to repeat Malavon's mistake...