Skip to content

Spells

zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
One of the features of IWD:EE are new spells ported from BG:EE which is totally awesome!
My question is, will spells from IWD be ported to BG:EE too?

Comments

• KoyoteKoyote Member Posts: 89
    I'd like to know too. Would defiantly enhance the BG series.
  • ManBearPigManBearPig Member Posts: 34
    Isn't there a mod over at gibberlings 3 that does this already? Or is it not compatible with the ee's?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

Isn't there a mod over at gibberlings 3 that does this already? Or is it not compatible with the ee's?

1. That mod does as much as it is possible with the vanilla ToB/BG2EE engine. Ever you tried the Seven Eyes? Wall of Moonlight? Whirlwind?
    2. It is very easy to convert the mod to BGEE, but if it wasn't done yet, then it is not yet compatible.
  • KoyoteKoyote Member Posts: 89
    @ManBearPig As far as I know, the mod works for EE. The issue I am having is that I play 90% of my BG on my iPad. Any improvement to the base game is a big improvement for me.
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    I wonder how the projectiles will be ported - for example Chain Lightning's jumping effect or Wall of X's specially shaped area of effect or Death Spell's target total hit dice effect. I'm feeling very hopeful about a softcoded FIREBALL.ids (or .2da). :)
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    @Avenger_teambg I wish I could like that comment more than once. :-)
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328

The current (1.3) BGEE engine is smaller than the IWDEE engine. As soon as all the opcodes, projectile features are ported, the spells could be transferred too, without change.

@Avenger_teambg Sooooo does it gonna happen one day ???
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Come to think of it... will Find Familiar be amongst the dozens of other new spells in IWD:EE? If so, would all self-created NPC's be able to use it? Guess it would be quite a sight to see a full party of mages with their six familars hopping around them.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Dee it ok :) we are just so exited from the announcement and the whole lot of possibilities that are now open to us like getting the spells for druid and by so making them better then they are now in BG series, and I could finally play my favorite class with enhance spells that make it even better class and give it it proper place among the classes :)