Skip to content

No mods will work

ObbsObbs Member Posts: 11
I just bought this EE version through Beamdog after having not played it for years. But every time I try to exec a mod, and mod, it fails. Says I have no infinity game directory. I'm not a tech guy, what have I missed?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2014
    Which mod are you trying to install? It might because you're using an older version of WeiDU.
  • ObbsObbs Member Posts: 11
    Any of them from G3.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    In which directory are you trying to install the mods?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition

In that. Is that not the right one?
    Hmm, can't find the .ini file either. I don't see a lot of the files I remember. Have there been any issues with Beamdogs dl? I rather enjoy the modding to BG2, I'm not looking forward to just the vanilla game too much. Anyone have any ideas?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Inside the Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition folder is a folder titled "Data", inside of which you'll find a folder titled "00783". That's the folder with the executable and other game files, and that's where you'll want to place the mods to install them.

Baldur.ini is located in your Documents library, in a folder titled "Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition". This is also where the saves are.
    CrevsDaakkaguanaJuliusBorisov
    Found the ini file, but using 00783 still didn't work. It said, "Unable to find DIALOG.TLK."
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @Obbs This error happens if the WeiDU version included in the mod is not up to date. Ensure that you install a mod that has been updated since november 2013 in order to include a new version of WeiDU that knows how to find the dialog.tlk file according to the game language you select. For instance Sword Coast Stratagems V28.

For older mods, you need to replace the setup-.exe by a copy of the newest version of weidu.exe from the current WeiDU archive renamed as the original setup-.exe.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    If the WeiDU version is too old to be installed in BG2EE, chances are that the mod itself has not been made compatible with the Enhanced Edition of the game. You should check the readme of the mod or look into this thread for more information.
    CrevsDaak
    Well I was attempting to use the Oversight mod on G3, I didn't know it was from WeiDU. I really like those monk HLA's I guess. :P

I was aware of the compatible mod list, I will retry a few of those tonight after work using the 00783 folder and see if that works. Thanks all for the help so far on this, btw.
    Ok, they seem to work now. Thanks for the help. I must have chosen the few that weren't compatible. :/

Thanks again. :)