Skip to content

Heart of Fury mode

KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
Since one of the favourite features from the IWD series to me is the Heart of Fury mode (especially starting in HoF mode with level 1 characters :)) I just have to ask...

Icewind Dale 2 put a cherry on top of HoF mode by adding new and powerful items in addition to just the creature buffs that IWD1 added. Any chance we're getting an IWD2 style HoF mode?

It would make me a VERY happy player. (not that im complaining now of course)
Calmar

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Well, they say there's 60+ new items, which is quite a lot. It's entirely possible that some are only lootable in HoF.
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    It's more likely that they're adding weapons for weapon groups that either didn't exist before in IWD, or that were terribly under-represented. Katanas, ninja-tos, wakizashis, etc.
    JuliusBorisov
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    And items for classes that whern't in the original: monks, barbarians, sorcerers.
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Barbarians are fine imo, there was some decent medium armour's kicking around, and sorcerers just use mage gear.

But monks need something. And there were gaps in the wespon selection, few clubs/spears/quarterstsffs iirc. Some, but nothing like morningstars, axes and longswords.
    Jarrakul
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    Fardragon said:

And items for classes that whern't in the original: monks, barbarians, sorcerers.

Some of the now items that IWD:EE introduces are indeed specific to classes/kits that were not in the original game.
    elminsterJuliusBorisovKerthaljackjack