Skip to content

[Not an Issue] [Windows][Steam] Steam asks to choose between BG:EE and BG:EE 1.3, BG:EE is defunct

KangaxxTheLichKangaxxTheLich Member Posts: 14
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Not a critical bug of any kind, this just seems like a small oversight.

When starting up BG:EE on Steam after the 1.3 patch, you get a choice between BG:EE and BG:EE 1.3. Choosing BG:EE leads to an error message stating that the executable is missing, choosing BG:EE 1.3 causes the game to load normally. I assume that the option of loading the unpatched BG:EE should be removed.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    This is currently by design. When Atari put the game on Steam, they changed the name of the executable to BGEE. We're changing it back to baldur, but we don't want to break the functionality for people who haven't updated yet.

Once everyone has updated, we'll remove that message.
  • ZakharonZakharon Member Posts: 72
    Well I didn't know udating with mods installed screwes my game up so I had to delete everything and I'm re installing everything....ugh
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yes, the update is going to clean out your installation folder including your override; any game update that requires changes to the game's data will do this, meaning you'll need to reinstall any mods you had prior to the update.

@KangaxxTheLich‌ The old executable has been eliminated from the prompt, so you should be able to just launch the game now. (Turns out there was a problem with the desktop shortcut Steam creates too, so it became necessary rather sooner than we'd hoped).
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Setting to Not an Issue as no longer possible.
This discussion has been closed.