Skip to content

Removed stuff from Icewind Dale 2

Does anyone know what items and quests were removed from IWD2? Since there is no Unfinished Business mod for IWD2, I'm trying to find out what quests and such can be restored to the inevitable IWD2 EE.

*Bonus merchants: From the IWD2 collector's edition, includes elemental merchant in Kuldahar, and the genie bottle sold by Nym in Wondering Village
*Forgotten armors: From Weidu's Ease of Use mod, the armors were supposed to be placed in the first chapter and are still in the game. The mod added them to various merchants in chapter 1: http://weidu.org/iwd2-ease/README-IWD2-Ease.txt
*Removed quests/NPCs: Looking at IWD2's quest xp list: http://weidu.org/IWD2-QuestSkillList.txt
**Myson: Originally, the orcs at Shaengarne River held Myson as a hostage. In the final game, no such NPC exist.
**Glublika: Originally there were alternate solutions to stop the giants from attacking the captain in chapter 2, by either telling them of Sherincal or paying them off. In the final game, the giants are always hostile.

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I'm not sure that it is inevitable. (I wouldn't mind an iwd2ee, mind you).
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    Well, it doesn't really make sense to do an IWDEE but not an IWD2EE. Personally, IWD2 is my second favorite Infinity Engine game, and it's a pity it never got an expansion like the first one.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I think your list is pretty comprehensive. Then again, I only distinctly recall the missing armors, myself. IWD2 was one of Black Isle's best works, in my opinion, so maybe there's not a whole lot of missing/cut content to even discover.

Although, I always felt Sherincal's dialogue lacked completeness, as it seemed like your character was well on their way to convincing her as to the error of her ways, only for her to get angry and fight you, regardless.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    I'm in the camp of "EE all the games".. but I think because IWD2 is based on 3rd edition ruleset it would be a different undertaking for the team than IWD/PST/BG/BGEE was/will be. Don't let me stop the discussion though, it's still interesting to read these things =D