Skip to content

[Known, #9277]: Dragon Stoneskin counts as a spell protection rather than combat protection

Ark_ToleiArk_Tolei Member Posts: 69
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Demonstrated behavior: The stoneskin that dragons cast is considered a spell protection, and is removed by Pierce magic, but not breach.

Expected behavior: The stoneskin that dragons cast is considered a combat protection, and is removed by breach, but not pierce magic

I confirmed this on the watcher's keep seal dragon, but have had issues with dragons the entire game due to their apparent immunity to breach. A viewer mentioned the bug and it was extremely easy to test and confirm.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The actual bug is that dragon's have their own Stoneskin and, IIRC it's to avoid this same thing. We'll need a rule lawyer, I can talk about game balance a lot, but no idea about how rules should be follow (I'm chaotic…).

Besides, I can also confirm this as well.
  • Ark_ToleiArk_Tolei Member Posts: 69
    I believe that dragon's having their own version of stoneskin is intentional. They likely use heal, stoneskin, haste, etc. as either spell-like abilities or scripts rather than cleric/mage spells. The dream ability Draw upon Holy Might is a different spell than the cleric version.

The problem is that while it can be expected for a spell-like ability to function somewhat differently, combat protections protect from physical harm, spell protections protect from enemy spells. Stoneskin is a combat protection regardless of how it's cast, and should be flagged as such.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I'll try and have a look at this today, assume the dragon is the one which is part of the Helmite Spirit 3 challenges (note for self, off AR3019).
  • Ark_ToleiArk_Tolei Member Posts: 69
    Yes, gate. The issue is not unique to that dragon, however. It was just the one I found out what the issue actually was on. I was unable to dispel stoneskin with breach on other dragons either but didn't know why. Thanks for looking into this and bugs I mentioned in the other thread.