Skip to content

Red Dragon Disciple not displaying Fire Resistance

supergoji18supergoji18 Member Posts: 11
edited September 2014 in Troubleshooting
I have a Red Dragon Disciple counted among my members of my party in the Black Pits. She is currently level 6, but when viewing the profile for her there is no Fire resistance listed, despite RDDs having 25% resistance to fire by that level. Is this a bug, or does the fire resistance not show up?

I'm a tad worried about this character as I have had a bug with her before where she had access to one less spell than she was supposed to have by her level. I have since managed to fix this with EE Keeper. This, however, makes me worried about the possibility that her character file somehow got corrupted.

Also, when looking at her character file in EE keeper, it does not display any fire resistance. I suppose I can just change it to be 25 in there, but I am still worried about this bug.

EDIT: her current AC is 10. She has a Dexterity of 15 and at level 6 the RDD gets a total of +2 AC. So is this the correct AC?
EDIT2: in the actual game, her AC is 6, which is correct when factoring in the +1 amulet I gave her. Also, she is currently wearing a ring of Fire Resistance +40%. Does this mess up the adding of her resistance?

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I would focus on what's displayed in-game, rather than what you see in a character editor like EE Keeper. Moving this to Troubleshooting for now.

Starting a new game with a fresh dragon disciple, I can confirm that Fire is listed under Resistances at the bottom of the statistics pane of the Record screen, with a value of 25 starting at level 4. There's no "Fire Resistance" icon on the portrait, nor at the top listed under current statuses, but that's normal. Her base Armor Class is 10, but with her 19 Dexterity she gets -4 to AC, and her levels of Dragon Disciple give her a -1 bonus, giving a total of 5.

Does this match what you see in-game?
  • supergoji18supergoji18 Member Posts: 11
    Dee said:

I would focus on what's displayed in-game, rather than what you see in a character editor like EE Keeper. Moving this to Troubleshooting for now.

Starting a new game with a fresh dragon disciple, I can confirm that Fire is listed under Resistances at the bottom of the statistics pane of the Record screen, with a value of 25 starting at level 4. There's no "Fire Resistance" icon on the portrait, nor at the top listed under current statuses, but that's normal. Her base Armor Class is 10, but with her 19 Dexterity she gets -4 to AC, and her levels of Dragon Disciple give her a -1 bonus, giving a total of 5.

She has 15 dex, not 19. That would give -1, plus everything else = 6 AC, which she currently has.

I'll look for the resistance later as I can't access the game at the moment. I'll respond ASAP.
  • supergoji18supergoji18 Member Posts: 11
    Dee said:

I got to check the resistances now and it's there. I apologies for the inconvenience.