Skip to content

[Item Mod] Dual-wield Stupefier with bow equipped combo

PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Mods
This morning I got an idea for Minsc to dual-wield and have bow equipped in my current BG:EE run and it worked. I edited Stupefier so it would create undroppable composite long bow +1 and off-hand mace +1 on equipping. When I put arrows into slots, the bow activates (it is edited to remove the off-hand mace on equipping) and then, I can switch between those in quickbar. You can remove the bow by activating its special ability in the item slots.
One disadvantage is that you must click on the bow twice on the quickbar, or the swing animation remains that of a mace (it won't break anything though). I will try to fix that somehow.
Important: Make sure to clear all weapon slots and shield slot before equipping and equip Stupefier *in the first weapon slot* (the bow is created in the second slot).

To install, extract the rar below and put the three files in the override.
Post edited by Pecca on

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    That reminds me of an item mod I made eons ago, a sword where you could switch your grip from one-handed to two-handed. I had it implemented as a special ability on the weapon.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

That reminds me of an item mod I made eons ago, a sword where you could switch your grip from one-handed to two-handed. I had it implemented as a special ability on the weapon.

Some mod does that with all bastard swords and katanas... I think either BG2Tweaks or Item Revisions.
    BG2Tweaks.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Well, at least I wasn't the only one ever to think of it. Why do I not know of these mods? Oh, yes...I don't use them. It is good to know that I was on the right track, then.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.