Skip to content

What do you listen to?

happslapphappslapp Member Posts: 53
Just wondering, What music do you listen to? Im adding as many genres as i can think of and im sure ill miss some and im sure people listen to a combo of these, i know i do, but whats your main jam? I listen to punk, country, rock, rap, ska, but above all is metal. So, whats everyones listening to?
P.S. i know genres have supgroups but just pick what you fall into.
  1. What do you listen to?119 votes
    1. Rock
      29.41%
    2. Punk
        1.68%
    3. Metal
      26.05%
    4. Country
        3.36%
    5. Rap
        0.00%
    6. Ska
        0.00%
    7. Folk
        2.52%
    8. Hip-Hop
        0.84%
    9. Pop
        1.68%
    10. Other
      34.45%

Comments

• WonKoWonKo Member Posts: 72
    Blues, Roots and Folk. Though, I do like the odd Video Game soundtrack when I am working, the BG soundtrack always helps me power through.
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    Progressive metal, though the other two are more prevalent these days: classical music and soundtracks. I have tons of video game and movie soundtracks on my iPod.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    "Open condom store" is my fav song atm lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
  • LRECLREC Member Posts: 68
    Primarily rock, I prefer pretty much anything if it's not too heavy. I love classic Guns N' Roses!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I just listen to music. Genres has little meaning to me.

I enjoy listening good movies/games/animes soundtracks, I enjoy Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Immediate Music and so on... Right now I'm listening to The Dark Knight Rises soundtrack.
  • Flameguard27Flameguard27 Member Posts: 37
    Mostly symphonic metal and soundtracks.
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    If I have to pick one, it's metal, although "other" might be more accurate since I listen to so many kinds of music. But what can I say... \m/ :)
  • EidolonEidolon Member Posts: 99
    Pretty much all sorts of metal. I'm not really picky as long as it is metal. Really depends on what mood I'm in and what game I'm playing or what book I'm reading. Favorite bands are Moonspell, and Paradise Lost.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Pretty much anything that gets inside my ear I listen. By that I mean, any song I like, doesn't matter the style. Metal, rock, pop, rap, blues, ska... all the same for me when I like a song! :)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Lol what the, metal is winning at 45%? I did not see that one coming ...

Although I do like other genres, and a lot of different music; big metal fan. I like most kinds, just not death metal or black metal. I particularly like nü metal, which I know is "not real metal" or whatever all these bickering people tell me. I don't care, I like a ton of metal and nü metal happens to be my favorite, don't tell me it's "not real metal."

My fav bands are Linkin Park, Korn, Slipknot.

Some other metal acts I dig are Thousand Foot Krutch, Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Staind, Megadeth.
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    Don't like how hip-hop and rap are separate, without the ability to choose more than one. I also listen to indie and alternative rock. Some guilty pleasure pop rock too.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Headbanger, at your service. My genres spawn from vicking metal, to troll metal, folk metal, power metal, melody death metal, black metal, heavy metal, neo-classical metal and medieval metal, amongst others.

I count Amon Amarth, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Eluveitie, Ensiferum, Corvus Corax, Rhapsody of Fire, and Apocalyptica amongst my all-time favourite bands.

Though I also do listen to other kinds of music as well. A bit of neoclassical dark wave here, a bit of enka and Humppa there and of course some opera mustn't be amiss either.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    My tastes are eclectic. In one day I might listen to Lil Wayne, Glen Campbell, Frank Sinatra, Weezer, the Manhattans, Jason Faulkner, and Diana Krall. One thing I think I have definitely drifted away from over time is hard-edged rock and older rock standards. I'm more captivated by texture, subtlety, and an infectious groove than hard-driving energy aymore. That's just where my own tastes have gone as my palette has developed over the years.
  • DejwoSWKDejwoSWK Member Posts: 35
    edited August 2012
    Rock...metal too,but less...and I mostly prefer groups:Wolfmother,Iron Maiden,Nirvana,SOAD and Audioslave...and I also listen to classical music,preferably Vivaldi,Chopin and Mozart
  • KaraiskandarKaraiskandar Member Posts: 9
    Alternative and prog rock (some stoner as well) but mainly Metal. Many genres and subgenres, my favorites surely being Melodeath, Progressive Death and Black, Doom and Pagan/Folk. My fav bands are Opeth, Gojira, Amon Amarth, and Draconian.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUXga6quOh4

I have no idea what kind of music this is.
  • DougPiranhaDougPiranha Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2012
    I don't like to limit myself by sticking to a genre, my playlist is always a jumble of styles. But to ilustrate my taste, some of the favorites are KLF, David Bowie, Beethoven, Rammstein, Led Zeppelin and some Serbian bands little known outside of Balkans.

And since this is a game forum, I'll mention a tradition of mine - every time I finish a CRPG I play Immigrant Song.
  • WoldanWoldan Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2012
    I don't like to shackle myself to genres, but I mostly listen to pure industrial, industrial metal and ambient industrial; thats Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein, Assemblage23, Combichrist and A perfect Circle / Tool to name a few.
    That being said I also listen to classic, rock and movie soundtracks.
  • SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    I chose "Metal" because most of the music I listen to is from that genre, however I also listen to other kinds of music. If I hear a song I don't care if it's Rap, Metal, Dance or whatever, as long as I like it I'll listen to it. And I'll also freely admit that I like some pop songs, so what?
  • cutlasskiwicutlasskiwi Member Posts: 35
    I chose rock but there's a lot of punk and ska in there too. Bruce Springsteen is my all time favorite though.
  • sphexussphexus Member Posts: 11
    My music taste is kinda varied but chose metal still. It is pretty much the basis. Doom metal, black metal, stoner rock, death metal... atm I'm having somekind of nostalgiacrisis and I'm listening to power. Besides different kinds of metal I listen also to electronic music (synthpop, d'n'b, idm, chill, industrial, martial industrial, psytrance), punk (mainly crust), some rap & hip-hop but mostly finnish, these man-and-a-guitar-type of artists and neofolk. For me the main thing is about atmosphere and it differs very much around the year so I listen different kind of styles on different seasons. Not trying to categorize myself too much into anything. http://www.last.fm/user/haukka_ gives a good walkthrough.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    Many many years earlier, Commercial Trance and Techno, these days mostly old Computer Music from C64 or Amiga, Demoscenemusic in general and Netlabel Tunes.

In short words, free Electronica :D

But beside of that, also stuff like rock, pop, Jazz, Funk, Anime Soundtracks for example the Soundtrack of Cowboy Bebop which was made by Yoko Kanno.

I have for sure quite an impressive amount of music styles which i do like :D
  • AtlanticAtlantic Member Posts: 44
    Classic and Alternate for me
  • CandramelekhCandramelekh Member Posts: 109
    EBM
  • SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94
    Haven't listend to EBM in years, not since I was going through a Front 242 and Caberet Voltaire period.

I listen to Industrial music. Either the real stuff (Cabaret Voltaire, Front 242, Skinny Puppy and attempts at Throbbing Gristle) or the quasi industrial (Ministry, NIN, Rammstien, Megaherz, Eisbrecher, KMFDM)
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Whatever the hell this is, I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfHZUkwSKxg
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited August 2012
    I gravitate towards atmospheric music; songs that have a clear "feeling" without being intrusive to whatever I'm doing at the time. I rarely sit down to just listen to music, which is perhaps something of the times.

That said, every genre has at least a few songs and artists that fit the bill. Whether it's Sigur Ros and Explosions in the Sky, Immortal Technique, Linkin Park, Sara Bareilles, Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Joshua Radin, Incubus, Dvorak... I had a kick once where I listened to nothing but Dead Can Dance. Cirque du Soleil is also a good stand-by for me when I'm writing.

Metal tends to be a little bit harder than what I look for, and metal bands don't tend to be featured on Pandora for the stations I've created.

This song, and its disparate parts ("Mother I'm Here" and "Build That Wall"), make up an entire playlist sometimes when I'm in need of some inspiration.
    http://youtu.be/GDflVhOpS4E
  • DejwoSWKDejwoSWK Member Posts: 35
    @Aosaw
    Wow,I did not expect to see Bastion OST here,which is really awesome

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited August 2012
    @DejwoSWK
    Bastion uses some of the best implementations of Choice I've ever seen in a video game. And it also happens to have a great soundtrack. ;)
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    christian music :)