Skip to content

Can we have a option to lock the camera, please?

I've talked about this before, http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24169/can-you-add-a-camera-lock-option-pretty-please#latest , but I think Overhall should really give us an option to lock the camera. Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale were designed for a specific camera level (see my previous thread for more detail). This is such an easy thing to implement and it has so many benefits: It allows new and veteran players to experience the game the way it was originally meant to, and it can help tablet users from accidentally zooming in/out, and other atmospheric related benefits.
elminstermeaglothButtercheeseCalmarPaladinThe_New_RomanceFaydarkKerthalmolloyjackjackQuartzJuliusBorisovsolthane

Comments

• The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    edited September 2014
    I thinks this is a sensible demand. However, I fear it won't be met, as it hasn't been for about two years.
    Post edited by The_New_Romance on
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Nice
    jackjackNimran
    AlexT said:

IWD:EE has a Zoom Lock setting in the Graphics options menu.

When turned on, it will reset the zoom level to the default value and lock it there, thereby preventing accidental zooming in/out.

What about non-default settings?
    jackjack
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    And I think the zoom ability is _the_ best new feature..
    To each his own I guess :)
    jackjackPibaroFrond
    edited September 2014
    Sed said:

And I think the zoom ability is _the_ best new feature..
    To each his own I guess :)

Zooming to a level you're comfortable with is a great feature, yeah, but the camera jumping around all the time isn't.
    Post edited by The_New_Romance on
    elminsterjackjackQuartz
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Is this the iPad version? I can't say as I've experienced any unwanted zooming.
    Pibaro
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    It's more PC--one nudge of the mouse wheel while playing changes the zoom level.
    CrevsDaakjackjackQuartzelminster
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I would like this implemented as a hot-key and/or tiny toolbar button, (like the size of the red quick-loot diamond), so we could lock at whatever zoom level we wished.
    JuliusBorisov
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    CamDawg said:

It's more PC--one nudge of the mouse wheel while playing changes the zoom level.

I can't say that I have ever moved my mouse wheel without intending too. Maybe my mouse has a stiffer wheel?
    Nimran
  • KaiDanKaiDan Member Posts: 14
    CamDawg said:

Also when a cutscene conversation begins. It's horrible in Baldur's Gate 2, some times the camera just gets stuck while zoomed out, ruining the immersion. Locking the camera is the easiest way to fix it.

cmk24ArdulJuliusBorisov
    Nice
    Nimran
    Nice
    Nimran