Skip to content

Where are you from/ where do you live?

Comments

• elementelement Member Posts: 833
    british/english
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I know that it only have been 27 votes so far but can we please talk a second about the fact that the majority of forum users isn't from North America ...?
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    edited September 2014
    I live in Moore, Oklahoma. Like, right across the street from where that nasty EF5 tornado hit last year. However, I was born, and raised in Minnesota before moving down to Oklahoma.

My favorite dish?

Hmm, it's not really a dish, but the caramels that my grandpa would make for Thanksgiving/Christmas. It gave me something to look forward to every year. Still need to ask grandma for the recipe.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Vancouver BC Canada.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Wait. @Blackraven‌.
    For some reason I had always thought of you as vaguely British or norther European. I guess not. Care to specify?
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    Dutchy, born and raised in the Netherlands. Altough ethnically im 50 % indonesian from my mothers side.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328

I know that it only have been 27 votes so far but can we please talk a second about the fact that the majority of forum users isn't from North America ...?

Hmmm @Buttercheese‌ look here
    Oha, old poll is old.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Yup old but you wanted to see the North America people :P
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @Blackraven‌ My best friend in highschool is from Bogota. My second roommate in college is from Cali and they developed a rivalry :)
    Funny you speak of immigrants, I was actually considering to move to Belgium if Germany starts to annoy me too much. Chill neighbors are chill. Also, Brugge is the most beautiful town in the world. I saw it, I can die now :P
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143

Funny you speak of immigrants, I was actually considering to move to Belgium if Germany starts to annoy me too much. Chill neighbors are chill. Also, Brugge is the most beautiful town in the world. I saw it, I can die now :P

yeah bruges is pretty nice I go to school there and if you want to move because of immigrants DONT come to belgium :p
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486

@Blackraven‌ My best friend in highschool is from Bogota. My second roommate in college is from Cali and they developed a rivalry :)

Well "Cali es Cali, lo demás es loma" is what your friend from Cali will say. Still, Bogota has its charms. I've grown fond of the temperate climate and the bohemian atmosphere in the historical center.
    I'

Belgium, yes belgium that small country where there are more immigrants than normal people and no "Brussel Sprouts" are not our favourite food and yes "french fries" , chocolate and beer are what we are known for , so proud to live here !!

LOL, I'm an immigrant (though not in your country), does make me "not normal"? :P
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143

I'

Belgium, yes belgium that small country where there are more immigrants than normal people and no "Brussel Sprouts" are not our favourite food and yes "french fries" , chocolate and beer are what we are known for , so proud to live here !!

LOL, I'm an immigrant (though not in your country), does make me "not normal"? :P
    lol I didn't mean normal in that way, I couldn't find the right Engilsh word, so I used normal ;) I'm an immigrant myself but I consider myself more belgian than polish I was 5 when I moved.
    edited September 2014

Italy here!
    (But I think most of you already knows it...)
    North side of Italy, near Milano, in a small town named Lodi Vecchio (Old Lodi, let's say), here was an ancient Celtic settlement, then became a Roman municipium in 89 b.C named Laus Pompeia in honour of Gneo Pompeo Strabone, a Roman consul. Laus was an important link, a commercial hub between others ancient Roman cities, like Piacenza (Placentia), Pavia (Ticinum) and Milano (Mediolanum).
    Razed to the ground by Milano armies in the 24th of May, 1111, Laus was refounded in the 3rd of August, 1158 in another place by Federico I il Barbarossa (Frederick the First, called Redbeard) and still today with her modern name, Lodi, is an important commercial hub between these cities.
    Lodi Vecchio, where the former Laus Pompeia was, is now a calm little town in the middle of green fields and some Roman ruins (nothing spectacular compared to Roma, but well, there's some history here...).

There are too many dishes here I like that I could post a wall of text so I leave it, for now. ;p

@Metalloman is stuck in old Lodi no less, just like John Fogerty. Now if you only had a dollar for every post you've written :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VDnQv-rLA