40.32%
    7. South America
        3.23%

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, Bier.
    edited September 2014
    While we are at it: Discussion kickstarter.

What is your favourite dish from your country?

I really do like German cuisine but not the stereotypical ones (the three I mentioned above).
    Pastries and cake are my all time favourites and I have never tasted better baked goods than German ones, though I heard that Swiss pastries are even better (especially cinnamon buns).
    My favourite cake is chocolate buttercream cake, like the one my grandma used to bake for me every birthday when I was a child :D I am also a big fan of Sauerbraten. Of course made with real horsemeat UvU
    imageimage
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    The Frozen North!
    edited September 2014
    @Silverstar‌:
    Aw yiss, the promised land of metal!
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited September 2014
    Northern Illinois, in North America. Got smart and went Northwest, after going South. I still miss the swamps. Mountains are beautiful, but they're just not the same...
    Post edited by SCARY_WIZARD on
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    edited September 2014
    I live in the land of Saxons, Danes, and Celts (i.e. the UK).

However, I am from the land of chocolate, cuckoo clocks, and mercenary pikemen (i.e. Switzerland), though I've lived in the UK for pretty much all of my life.

eta: oh, and I love German food, and Danish beer, though I'm also partial to Indian and Italian food (i.e. curry and pizza! ;-D )
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited September 2014
    I am from the ancient land of Connecticut, which is often referred to as The Constitution State here in the USA. It is because we are all brave burly warriors with many hit points.

yes... that must be the reasoning
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

Northern Illinois, in North America. Got smart and went Northwest, after going South. I still miss the swamps. Mountains are beautiful, but they're just not the same...

@SCARY_WIZARD‌ My girlfriend is from Mundelein!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Poland, an absurd country in Europe.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Germany.

And I love me some crabby Maikäfersuppe in the morning.
    @Nonnahswriter‌:
    Oh boy, I LOVE fish! These look delishious!

@O_Bruce‌:
    Poland has absurdly delicious Pirogges you mean.

@Kamigoroshi‌:
    I never heard of Maikäfersuppe.
    *Looks it up*
    Ahahahahaha, nope :'D
    @Buttercheese‌
    Oh yes, pierogges. These delicious bastards :)
  • InvictusCobraInvictusCobra Member Posts: 108
    Portugal.
    Live in a small town usually, but due to college I now live in Lisbon for most of the year (except on holidays and weekends). Hate it here.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Pizza is supposed to have a thin crust, or so I've always thought. Wouldn't it be a pie otherwise?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Pizza is supposed to have a thin crust, or so I've always thought. Wouldn't it be a pie otherwise?

Pies are sweet desserts, usually with berries. Also bakes in a pan, not a tray, and with fillings, not toppings, and always has a thin crust. Pizza is flat and can have a thick, bread crust or a thin one.

Thick crust pizza:

Thin crust pizza:image

Pie:image

That's the way it is here, anyway. Occasionally pie is used as a slang term for pizza, But other than that...
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    You don't have meat pie in St. Louis?
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    O_Bruce said:

It also has the most beautiful girls in the whole world! ;-)

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Squire said:

O_Bruce said:

It also has the most beautiful girls in the whole world! ;-)

*note to self: go to Polen*
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    edited September 2014
    United States of America. From New York state, currently in North Carolina. I would like to live out west (South Dakota , Montana, Wyoming or Idaho) someday.
    Post edited by Wandering_Minstrel on
    He is speaking in code, someone get one of the translators.
    @Squire‌
    Or so they say.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I'm living in Phoenix, Arizona. It's hot as hell for six months a year and the other 6 months it is temperate.
    I'd like to move to somewhere with access to water that I could see outside. I'm looking for a place with lifestyle amenities. It's so hot here for 6 months of the year you can't do anything outside without melting within one minute you walk outside and it's like sticking your face close to a toaster - hot air.

Hey @rufus_hobart I'd love to move to Melboune, Australia. Can you get me a permanent residency visa please!

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Hiro of Eye is from FUTURE Europe though.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    @smeagolheart‌

Ha, sure, come on down, we've got plenty of places to put you up! Just avoid our immigrant hating Prime Minister and you'll be fine ;-) Weather's just a littttttttle different from Phoenix, but you can actually breathe the air here without your lungs imploding most of the time so you might enjoy the change.

But in all seriousness, if you do have a skillset, it's actually not that difficult at the moment to get work here, our industry in particular is hiring a lot of people from overseas to do stuff that we're too dumb, unmotivated or unskilled to do. If you have any experience in public transport/airlines, particularly in management of staff or projects, I'd say you're a shoo-in!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

You don't have meat pie in St. Louis?

Sure we do. I don't think that's nearly as popular in the u.s. as it is in Europe though... Not sure. We've made it a few times but you don't see it much and I don't think most Americans think of meat when you say pie.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Ipswich, Brisbane, QLD, Australia! :)
    A wonderfully hot land of poisonous beasties, sharks, jellyfish and things that hate you.
    Originally from Christchurch, New Zealand, moved here in 1998, moving to Austria in the next decade or so. :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I am from Argentina and I live in my parents' house. Nothing too interesting.