Skip to content

Swashbuckler stats

RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
edited August 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
So I realize this probably doesn't belong here, but I have no idea where else to post, so I thought I'd give it a go.

In eager anticipation of BG:EE, I thought I'd have a go at BG SOA before BG:EE was released. Never tried the swashbuckler kit before, so I decided to try that one.

Now here's the thing: During the course of character creation, when I get to the bit where I'm supposed to decide weapon proficiency and ability points, I have 7 weapon proficiency points and 500+ ability points to distribute... Is this a known bug, or did my game just randomly decide to freak out?

Jarlaxle, go home, you've been bested...

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    edited August 2012
    Hmmm, those look like the abilities that should be available for Throne of Bhaal I believe... let me check...

YEP, 7 weapon proficiencies and 540 thieving points. Did you start a Throne of Bhaal run? If you don't own it, did you perhaps install a Throne of Bhaal patch on top of Shadows of Amn (possibly causing the bug)?

Edit -

Thieving points : Level 21 (so basically 20 level ups) x 25 points per level = 500, +40 from level 1

Weapon proficiency table for thieves : 2 +1 every 4 levels, for a total of 7 on level 21, according to Throne of Bhaal starting point :)
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    I have ToB installed, but fairly certain I started from SoA. But that defs goes a long way in explaining what happened!

Cheers mate!