Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Durlag's Pride activates, but Warder won't acknowledge [v1.3.2053]

nscottnscott Member Posts: 5
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
EDIT: I'm a doofus, this is not an issue.

1. Talk to northeast Warder to get "sleep" subquest in Labyrinth Level 1 of Durlag's Tower
2. Read the four books in a room to the west
3. Go across the hall to hear Durlag's Pride say "You have raised my deeds in glory and my sword now glows with pride."
4. Return to Warder to solve subquest

Observed
The Warder acts as if the subquest is unsolved still (see screenshots/saves)

Expected
The Warder should acknowledge the subquest is solved

Notes
I've tried reverting to an earlier save and just doing this particular Warder's quest first and I get the same result. I tried CTRL+J warping to the sword and talking to it again, but the Warder still doesn't acknowledge that the quest is done. I tried doing the other 3 Warder's quests first and get the same result. Attached Quick Save is after doing the quest, other save is before doing the quests.

If anyone can tell me what Global Variable to edit so I can move on, I'd be very grateful!

EDIT:
I went back to an even earlier save and I noticed that of the four Warders, this particular one is the only one that doesn't update the Journal.
Post edited by nscott on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    It's not to do with Pride, that's why. You need the mallet (handle and head are made in a forge) then use that to strike the gong. I've had a quick look and can't see either part so assume you have made it and dumped it? If you can't find it the console command is;
    C:CreateItem("misc1h")

If you could confirm that would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • nscottnscott Member Posts: 5
    Ah, thank you!!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Enjoy the rest, particularly if you haven't been down there before :)