Skip to content

IWD/IWDEE NPC Mod ideas

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
I've seen a few threads on whether or not the game should include fully personalized NPCs (with banters and the like) and I've seen other threads that include people mentioning their 6 characters and giving some backstory on each.

But there doesn't seem to be any thread so far specifically for ideas on NPC mods. I mostly came about this realization when I thought about making the NPC I'm working on (Yeorg) for BGEE available in IWDEE. Until I realized the game happens almost 90 years before Baldur's Gate happens (so from a story standpoint in my case it wasn't really much of an option unless I change things up a bit).

Anyways I'd be interested to see your ideas on NPC mods you might be interested in making for IWD/IWDEE.
lolienjackjackStarflower2525Dexterbooinyoureyes

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I had an idea to transplant one of my 3rd Edition characters, a tiefling Frenzied Berserker, into BG2. I would have made him a Barbarian in light of there not being any Barbarian companions in the game. Funny enough, there still are no Barbarians. I haven't taken a look at modding tools in like ten years, though.
    elminster
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    The idea of personality-based banter sets that can be selected at the start of the game (in character creation or through early dialog options) sounds fantastic to me. So that's what I'd like to see. Obviously, though, modders should make what they want to make.
    kcwiseStarflower2525
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    A gnome monk named Naj Najson who rarely banters and when he does he keeps it simple like single syllable words. He hates turnips and if anyone mentions turnips, he kills them with a single blow, Chuck Norris style.
    jackjackMetallomanbooinyoureyes
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    If one would make an NPC to start with in IWD and then continue his story in BG how would his experience loss be explained in a believable way?
    The time jump could be explained with imprissonment or petrified if it's a character with short lifespan but permanent xp (level) loss?
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    He ran into some very nasty petrify/Imprissonment casting Vampires... And got his lvls drained!!! And for some reason wasn't able to be affected by a restoration spell....

I don't know...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Thread closed at the request of the original poster.
    elminsterjackjacklolienCrevsDaak
This discussion has been closed.