Skip to content

Skin-dancer quest in Trademeet won't start

BretoBreto Member Posts: 20
Hello everyone.
In my current walkthrough (iPad version of the game, totally evil party - Korgan, Viconia, Edwin, Hexxat and PC ne sorcerer, low reputation (6 disliked)) the skin-dancer quest in Trademeet won't start.
I did quests in the following order:
1) Murders in the Bridge district quest is completed (Rejiek escaped, uncompleted Human Flesh armour in Hexxat's bag of holding, mage and assasins in the tanner's cellar killed, sergeant's body taken to the Government district);
2) I spoke to High Merchant in Trademeet and took "Animal attacks in Trademeet" quest;
3) I spoke to Guildmistress Busya, who mentioned genies and their ban on trade, but didn't give the quest (probably because of low reputation);
4) I spoke to a hafling lord (don't remember his name) and took quest to poison druid grove;
5) I spoke to several merchants and then to genies and took their quest to kill rakshasa;
6) I killed rakshasa, returned to genies and gave in the quest, so genies teleported;
7) I came to Guildmistress Busya and got reward for removal of the genies;
8) I returned to the druid grove, poisoned it, gave in the quest to the hafling lord, spoke to the High Merchant (my reputation dropped from 7 to 6).

Usually Jenya (or whatever her name) approaches PC after 2 main Trademeet quests are completed and skin-dancer quest begins. But she is nowhere to be found.

I think it can be because of low reputation, or poisoning of druid grove, but in this case an evil party (usually with low reputation and preferring evil ways of completing quests) will never get Human Flesh Armour, because PC will never be able to guess Fael's previous name (in Umar Hills)

Comments

• simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    have you tried going to tiris' house?
  • CherudekCherudek Member Posts: 73
    From memory, you can get the armor without doing the Trademeet quest. The name you have to use for the puzzle is that of the mage who teleported away in Rejiek's basement. It should be in your journal.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2014
    You have to (read: have to) complete the Trademeet quest in the 'good' way to get the skinner quest. The only reason Tiris's mother goes to you is because you're the hero of Trademeet, which you aren't if you poisoned the grove.

You can, however, complete the armor, which is a different sidequest altogether.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    Yea what Artemius said is correct. To get the Tiris quest you need to have completed the druid grove quest without poisoning them, though you don't need to do the quest to get the components you need for the armor.
  • BretoBreto Member Posts: 20
    Thank you very much for your answers. It was a long time I played a fully evil party, so I forgot some things.

PS Although I had poisoned the grove, the bartender in the Trademeet tavern still called me Hero of Trademeet :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Maybe he just really didn't like the druids :D
  • GregorIIGregorII Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2020
    Playing evil for the first time, but while I took the commission to poison the grove, I didn't do so. Got coronated Hero of Trademeet, with statues in the town square and everything. Worked for the Lurraxols, and for the first time didn't turn over the mantle to the Mayor (was NOT expecting that resolution). But Jenia never appeared to give me the Tiris quest, even though I completed the skinner murders quest in the Bridge District (and I thought the name you need for the skin armor is in the note you get from the Tanner's house?). I'm wondering if you don't get the Tiris quest if you even ACCEPT the druid-poisoning quest, whether you complete it or not. My rep is currently 11, which seems plenty high enough for Jenia's standards. I'm gonna try and CLUA her in and see if that will trigger it (I've noticed a bunch of people not showing up on cue in this run-thorough, including the notoriously buggy Delon and the Keep Messenger, but also Sergeant Nutella from the third Mage Stronghold quest, who's usually pretty reliable).

Edit: didn't work. She didn't even appear after I CLUAed her, which was odd, and makes me believe she already existed somewhere on the map, but I searched all over Trademeet, and didn't find her. Oh, well. Looks like no wedding for Tiris. :/
    Post edited by GregorII on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Wait wait, there's an evil option in the druid grove quest?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited June 2020
    Yes. You need an evil protagonist for the quest-giver to show up, and you get much less of a reward - the Shield of Harmony, but no vast pile of gold, party-wide experience boost, or statues in the town square. Poisoning the grove leads you to fight all the druids instead of dueling Faldorn, and also causes any druids, rangers, or paladins in your party to turn against you.
  • GregorIIGregorII Member Posts: 14
    BTW, turned out I DIDN'T complete the Skinner Murders quest in the Bridge District...I'd done it much earlier, but forgot that due to an unrelated issue, I had to restart the game from a save PRIOR to tackling the murder quest, and then forgot to redo it. So, Tiris' mom not showing up had nothing to do with choosing or not choosing an evil path, but with me being a complete dumbass. :o